Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
F.K.A. MOUSE72
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I thought i would start a new thread. this is just an update from a previous thread that I started. I went to the dealer today and purchased a stator assy. I am going to install it tommorrow when I get home from work. I was going to do it tonight, but I don't think a Harmonic balancer pouller will do the job properly. I will let you all know how it goes. I hope that this is what is wrong. cross your fingers. One more thing. I just wanted to say that all the help and suggestions that you have given me were and are greatly appreciated. thanks again guys.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You said wish you luck so: Good luck!:D Hopefully this will solve all of your problems and you can get back out there and tear it up!:cool:

·
F.K.A. MOUSE72
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I through in that stator, and it fired up.Run like a million dollars. So I thought i would go for alittle ride. I got about4 -5 mi from home and stop for a smoke. when I went to start it up, it wouldn't start(just my flippin luck). Don't worry i have spark. I changed the plugs and tried agin. I sounded like it wanted to start but couldn't. Now I think my problem is bad gas. So there my sled sits on the trail. Boy that was a long walk in Mickey MOuse boots and a snow suit. Atleast it was all down hill. I will say though, when it ran it ran like a raped ape. I missed the sound of that triple.Thanks all

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Good luck, we all need it, even myself.

·
F.K.A. MOUSE72
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i went out to retrieve my sled. a guy i work with helped me. He brought his 4 wheeler. we were on the way up the trail and ran into a cop, and he stopped us. He gave us the speel about how it's illegal to ride 4 wheelers on snowmobile trails. told the cop we were retrieving my snowmobile. He asked what my name was and why there were 2 different reg. stickers on my sled. told him that i registered it yesterday. then he said that it was legal to drive the 4wheeler on the trails just for that purpose. My buddy wasn't waering a helmet, and the cop never said anything about it. Hell he never asked to see my registration. If it weren't my slaed i could have had a new one...lol. these cop around here aren't very smart.We got to the sledand realized that i forgot the key, so i unplugged the ignition wire and pulled it over, and it fired right up. took it to the gas station and filled it up then the damn thing wouldn't start. I think it's from the warm temps and bad gas. I finally got it started and scooted for home crossing my fingers. I made it. Will be getting my carbs sync'd next week.The guy that has the equiptment said he has a clutch kit that will fit in it. He said he would give it to me for next to nothin. He has no use for it anymore. I hope we get some snow. It was 48 degrees here today. The trails suck.thankseveryone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts