Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I put my engine back into my sled but don't remember one of the connections(idiot :(
My stator has a box connection with a single brown wired connection coming from the back of the connection box (pic 1). It also has a triple wired connection (pic2).
My CDI has a triple connection and a single long black wired connection (pic 3)
My ignition has a box connection and a single black wired connector (pic4, left)

Im assuming the two box connectors and the two triple connectors go together, BUT where do the single wires connect to? If the black single from my CDI connects to my ignition, then where does that short brown single connector coming out the back of my stator connection box(pic 1) go?
Or is the brown single just a bypass option for that connection?

Make sense?

Thanks for looking, hopefully one of you will have an idea about those single wires. Think my single ignition wire has to connect to single cdi or the single stator wire, but which one?

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well you are on rhe right track, the 2 larger box connectors go together, I see a single black lead by the one box connector, and what looks like a corresponding single black lead in the picture that looks like a 2 or 3 pin on top of the air box, the 2 single blacks go together. The single brown coming out of the engine stator box plug is a ground, there should be a single brown hiding in or around the corresponding box plug that is the main harness to the sled, usually that brown follows the harness and is bolted to ground by the voltage regulator (the voltage regulator is usually somewhere around the back side below the ignition switch)

in a nutshell, match up the plug in's and match up the single colors

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow.....thank you jrscars. I was praying someone would be able to help me sort this out. You are my personal hero!.....haha

Ill look for that hidden brown wire!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts