Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about racing in the Winter Thunder Challenge. I want to race in the 10-13 year old class. What sled and gear do I need?

·
Registered
867 Posts
You will need to call them and just ask. There is alot to it. They should have a number for new racers on the WTC website.

Just phone them and ask away. There is ALOT to racing. and its not CHEAP. you will be throwing away thousands... i said thousands. costs about $200 in race gas a weekend.

Just give them a call they can get you a better idea:D good luck to ya

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
as wildcat said its not cheap to race. but if you do decide to go through with it make sure you get all the safety gear you can it may not hurt now but give it ten years and it will. ive got alot of damage sustained from racing snox,motox,and carts as a kid

·
Registered
867 Posts
yeah it does hurt now Tooooo! go to youtube and search snowcross. You will see the good stuff, and the bad it does not feel good to have a 400lb machine hit you. haha yeah as you get older than it really hurts!

but 13 years old is better than hopping into the big dog class. you will have time to learn the speed of it.

If your parents are willing to throw tons of money at it than it could be super fun. but everyone who i know that races at WTC are pretty much loaded or they work for their parents so they have freedom to take all these weekends off.. And they didnt earn that money from snowcross racing... their parents are at work 9-5 EARNING it for them.

IF they do decide to back you and get you into the sport you should thank your parents they are VERY COOL!

If i had the $$$ id be racing right now.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
not up to date on the classes but u should be ridding 440 fanners. still enought to get in trouble on. i wish i could be 16 again. or live at home for free and have themoney to throw around.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
enjoy it just take care of your body. what region are you racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts