Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have this wildcat and recently going through the wiring it looks like the previos owner tried to do some bypassing which is not good. can anyone please confirm this wiring order if possible

can anyone please email me a copy of a 93 wildcat 700 EFI Diagram. I would greatly appreciate it. [email protected]. would greatly help me.

The two wires coming out of the top of the flywheel stator sensor go to a plug and the wires come out of that plug as solid orange and solid white. Now i followed them to the ecu and i noticed that when i peeled back the tape it looks as though some wires are jumped. Not sure if this was stock... i doubt it.

He has the orange wire going into a Brown with Blue Dotted wire/ i think that's ground. He has the white going into solid white. The only thing is he has another black white jumped into the orange/ Brown dotted wire like its tied into the black wire going into the ECU. Sorry hard to describe.

Does anyone know where exactly the orange and white signal wires are supposed to go to in the ECU. Like what wires or pins??

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken yes i did i cannot thank you enough. I just back from riding the wildcat for its first time in years. It ended up in the end being tss and KS was not bypassed proprely and previous owner had ground to rectifier hooked up to ecu among others. Shes all good now. in a matter of hours. Thank you again:D

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RJ any advise on clutching or new Skid?.

I am a lighter guy like 140lbs and just wondering if there is anything i want to do to equate for that. is there a way for me to get some top end as a trade on the bottom or will that ll change with a new skid and maybe better weight transfer?:D

it did well in its first day out i was nice to it for a entire day checking all fluids and seeing if anything broke...it was fine its all there.

than today we lined it up with mu buddies xcr600 Triple Triple and my roommates Vmax-4 750 piped and it took both of them across our lake. Maybe 1000 ft. that Vmax was gaining tough. pretty good for the old beast.

Anything i can do top end to change him catching up to me(vmax4)?

How swappable are skids? i saw some guy put a mxz skid on a wildcat. Any chance of getting a Polaris edge skid under there> i have access to one at a decent price. i like that skid.

ive been looking for a ett skid but for some reason people are outrageous with pricing. I saw some guy wanted 250 for a zr800 skid but some other guy has a f1000 skid for $300. would a f1000 skid fit or would that be too wide?

Again thanks to everyone on the forum for helping me get this beast alive.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
ETT skid is easy, almost a bolt and go install, you would have to drill new rear mount holes about 1.5" forward. The TSL skid is even better though as it has more travel. Also an easy install, drill new mount holes 2" forward at front and rear.
Mine with TSL skid.

For any other skid, you will need to take careful measurement of the donor sled tunnel mounts to get it right.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RJ nice sled that thing looks mean. ok so i noticed last night that my secondary 'floats' in and out by a 1/4 inch. It freaked me out so i pulled it off and everything looks fine.

I did some googling and i read it was normal but just wanted your opinion? There is no up and down play just in and out like i can still see the stubshaft but the secondary goes in away from the washers.I do plan on doing the jack-shaft bearing at some point because it looks nasty. Just making sure im safe for now. Is this normal

Any way to upgrade the front suspension?? or is that not really a option. My shocks are toast for sure.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
It is supposed to "float" on the shaft as a self aligning function.
I replaced mine with SPI's, they were 1" longer and really lifted the front a lot.
Putting a newer skid in will also make a huge difference in the front end too.
Front view;

Note how the A arms now have a distinct down slope rather than being level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.