Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I know has a Wildcat 700 EFI that he is selling because it is flooding out.He says it goes through gas like crazy.He didn't say what year it was,but it only has a little over 2000 miles.He is asking $700 U.S.My questions are,Can the EFI be adjusted?,Can it be converted to carbs.?What would it cost?Could the injectors just be clogged,or is this a sign of the EFI going?What do places normally charge for testing the EFI?Are EFI sleds worth the hassle?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank You very much!

Tyler(70JUDGE)

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
EFI fuel systems use 2 things to control fuel flow: the pump or the injectors themselves. Either the pump is overpressurizing the system, or the injectors are filthy or worn. A sled shop can test the injectors for you. It's way too expensive/ time consuming to swap it to carbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My friend has a 1995 Zr700 Carb'ed motor and the thing flooded out all the time and we played with jetting trying to fix the thing. Long story short it ended up being the secondary clutch was junk and shifting out too quickly...thereby bogging the motor and fouling out plugs and bogging like it was flooded. Brand new clutch and the thing ripped like brand new.

If it runs but you have poor fuel consumption...don't always assume its the most expensive and complicated part....it could be a $20 clutch spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts