Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a bit about Polaris sleds...practically nothing about Ski Doo...my wife is in love with a bright yellow and orange 2003 Ski-Doo MX Z REV X 600H.O. RER for sale at the local dealership for $4295. It has 2200 miles on it...is that a good deal?

It has DPM and X package. What are those?

It seems like I don't see a lot of used Ski Doo compared to other brands. Is that because people keep them, or because they are high end intensive maintance race machines that people ride "balls to the walls" and they don't last beyond 5000 miles?

She wants it because of how it looks and because of the ride forward vs the old style that I have. I just want something that is reliable.

How does it compare in ride to the xtra 10, edge or M10 polaris suspensions? I guess how does ski doo compare in general to polaris?

I would appreciate any thoughts and comments. Thank you!

·
Jay C
207 Posts
I know a bit about Polaris sleds...practically nothing about Ski Doo...my wife is in love with a bright yellow and orange 2003 Ski-Doo MX Z REV X 600H.O. RER for sale at the local dealership for $4295. It has 2200 miles on it...is that a good deal?

It has DPM and X package. What are those?

It seems like I don't see a lot of used Ski Doo compared to other brands. Is that because people keep them, or because they are high end intensive maintance race machines that people ride "balls to the walls" and they don't last beyond 5000 miles?

She wants it because of how it looks and because of the ride forward vs the old style that I have. I just want something that is reliable.

How does it compare in ride to the xtra 10, edge or M10 polaris suspensions? I guess how does ski doo compare in general to polaris?

I would appreciate any thoughts and comments. Thank you!
I dont have RER, but I love my 03 REV 600...easy to work on, very quick, very comfortable, extremely reliable....on and on.....that price may be a little high though......try to get that for about $3500...that seems more reasonable

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
my 04 rev renegede is awsome,
i love the ride foward position
only thing ive done is maintence.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
I by far prefer our Rev's forward position compared to our IQ. Ride isn't as good, but handles MUCH better and essentially turns on a dime.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my sled has RER i think is has something to do with the reverse, it doesn't have a reverse gear, to put the sled in reverse you push the starter button while its still running it shuts the motor down and spins in reverse i believe.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Rotax Electronic Reverse, and it works awesome. Press a button and it reverses the engine rotation to g obackwards.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
i will never own a seld without reverse after having it!!
so much easier than getting off & dropping into the ditch
trying to heave a 550lb sled around.

prob be the same with fuel inj. but i have carbs till i get a new sled.:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts