Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 zr 600, i love it got all the right mods on it so far. just need some cluthching to do yet and carb work. iwas wonderin if any of use could give me ideas to make this pig better on gas with out sacraficing to much in the means of speed or power. the only under hood mods so far is a burpper ,bb eliminator race, and a power breather. i know u gotta feed the ponys i dont mind but the damn thing wont pass a gas station. horrbile i achieve 5-6 mpg normally and 7mpg if i baby it and drive granny style. i just wanna go somewere and not stopp a million time for gas. any ideas would be appreciated.
just close your eyes and play it by ear

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah thats bad. clutching will deffinately make it better as well as jetting. have you checked your piston wash and plug colour to determine if you are running rich? i cant give you specifics as ive never set one up but you may try snowmobileworld.com or hardcoresledder.com. good luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
That sleds a hog! Everyone i know has had the same problem. Jetting down three sizes seems to help a little but u said u had a power breather on it which can be very touchy in cold weather. u wouldnt want to be too lean and burn it up. Jet down and keep an eye on your plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts