Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want an enduro motorcycle for the snow trails. The Phazer RTX seems to be the solution. The Nitro FX has more power, but is heavier and maybe not as upright. I ride standing mostly. The Nitro is a lot more money. Is the Phazer RTX the ride for me on tight and twisty Vermont VAST trails?

·
Registered
315 Posts
all of the snowmobile magizines have said it time and time again !
"if you want the feel of a motorcyle, the phazer is for you "
the phazer is not the most powerful but they say if your into jumping and ditchbanging
this one's for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though it may have a lot less power, I want the suspension and feel of being on a dirt bike on the trails. If you all agree the Phazer has more of a dirt bike feel than the Nytro, I'll gladly pass the power for the feel. What mods have you all done to the Phazer to make more power or improve trail handling? The dealer recommended Snow Tracker on the front skis.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my buddy had one and says its def like a bike when riding. for going through woods and windy trails you dont need a 150hp sled

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Yamaha SRX 700 and I ride in Vermont on the VAST trails, and I can tell you, unless you're going out on the lakes, you will most likely have more than enough power for the trails. In the windy woods trails, you probably aren't going much more than 35-40MPH anyways. That's even ambitious sometimes, if its really busy, or the conditions arent the greatest. My sled is very overpowered for riding in the woods, but just try and catch me on the railbed :) I'd go with the Phazer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts