Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an indy 500 touring classic 1994. My belt has broke on it twice this year so far. Can these belts be tightened? If so how?

Thnx in advance.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Broken motor mount; clutch alignment; belts too old or not stored properly; too much power for the grade belt you're buying. shane

·
Registered
76 Posts
Belts

Shanek is right. IF these are new belts you have an alignment problem, mount or clutch. otherwise go over to Royal Distributing in Guelph and talk about belts. Oh, and no you can't tighten the belt

·
Registered
9 Posts
check the track tension make sure it isnt too tight. also check clutch alignment and the springs and rollers in the clutch. i had this problem already this year. i had to rebuild my secondary and loosen my track. good luck!

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Re: Belts

Faceman said:
Shanek is right. IF these are new belts you have an alignment problem, mount or clutch. otherwise go over to Royal Distributing in Guelph and talk about belts. Oh, and no you can't tighten the belt
FYI, there is a Royal Distributing in Barrie too :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get all my parts at royal but half the guys just read the book and don't know a darn thing about em. I figure it was the quality of the belt because these were the belts that were on the macheine when we got it this year. Got a good one now!

Thnx for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts