Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
I would say that Yamaha is more of a dependable sled. Stats, I beleive indicate that. Just my 2 cents.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
snowrida said:
I would say that Yamaha is more of a dependable sled. Stats, I beleive indicate that. Just my 2 cents.
Both Jap engines....Just my 2....

·
Registered
570 Posts
It's not a direct comparision. The RX-1 is a 145 Hp machine and the AC is a 110 Hp machine. For someone who has no experience with sleds I wouldn't be to worried about modifying either sled. If you are looking for a fast sled with lots of available mods get an F7 or a mach z or some other 2-stroke.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
suzuki makes em, and the turbo has had great reports for a four banger

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
yeah, ive been wondering what kind of numbers the T660 puts up. i wanna ride one to feel what it can do.

i would go for a two stroke over the rx1. i think its funny when people say that the vector rules the 120 hp class, when its a 3 cyl. and a much bigger engine compared to everything else in that class. no wonder they'd have win, but look how much it took.

but i think the T660, from the vague articles ive read, which said it had plenty of power and was a good sled, may be an equal choice with the 2 strokes.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i would buy the normally asperated vector tripple before i would consider the turbo cat, for ease of maintenace, and yamaha has a better engine and this coming from a DOO guy

·
Registered
570 Posts
The Vector is the only 4-stroke engine that was actually designed and built just for a snowmobile. The RX-1 was a bike engine and the T-660 was a car engine.

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
And when you put a turbo on the Yami, you can get 195 HP to over 400 HP out of the 4 cyl RS-1 and 185 to 200+ HP out of the 3 cyl Vector. 4.070 second ET at 126.9 mph in 500 feet (world record for snowmobiles) from a 4 stroke! sled sets the bar pretty high for the rest, I'm thinking.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
they're not really comparable. totally different sled. you'd have to put the rx-1 against AC's biggest sled.

does the rx-1 have any problems with weight? i know we had to lift a Vector up about 4 ft and it didnt seem much heavier than the rev.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts