Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
You should restart this with a poll.. and do you mean the best sled to mod out or off the show room floor?

JT

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Polaris! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
:bitemylip: ...... Arctic cat

I don't know much about mountain sleds, so take this with a grain of salt.

I haven't heard the best reviews about the summits. And Yamaha? They don't offer all that much so I find it hard to believe they are it. So down to Polaris and Arctic Cat..... I'm giving the edge to the Cat simply because for so long Polaris had so much trouble getting a high output engine to work right. As far as Cat, I've heard nothing but good things.

Polaris might have solved their engine problems and come out with a bold new look for this year, but those things have yet to be proven over time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Polaris! :thumbsup:
Talked to a guy the other day that put 300 miles on his new Pro R and traded it in for Nytro RTX.. He was just not not impressed. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
im talkin about the best sled period, with and without mods, i think arctic cat was pretty ingenious when the started using A-arms instead of trailing arms, good idea, i think they started that in 01, polaris didnt use A arms until 06!!

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Actually, the Edge is designed to use the trailing arm system in a way very much like an a-arm system works. For mountain sleds, I would say the M8's are pretty tough to beat. That 800 HO is an awesome motor. Polaris makes the coolest looking, but like stated before, they have had some troubles with their 800's.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have hopes for the Pro R.. I really do..

But if im going to go buy something i know will get me where i wanna go and make it home at the end of the day i say an M8..

JT

·
Registered
303 Posts
my problem with the a arms is the damn things break all the time!!
Stay off the trees!!!! lol:D Id rather hit something and have an A arm fail insted of tweaking the whole chassis.

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts

·
2,742 Posts
Stay off the trees!!!! lol:D Id rather hit something and have an A arm fail insted of tweaking the whole chassis.
Then you have a bent up 6000 bulk head under your sled. Be thankfull for A arms they are designed to break under so much pressure so you don't f!!! up your bulkhead then your screwd.

·
2,742 Posts
Talked to a guy the other day that put 300 miles on his new Pro R and traded it in for Nytro RTX.. He was just not not impressed. :D
He went from a mountian sled to a flatlander?

·
Registered
26,123 Posts
Cat A Arms

im talkin about the best sled period, with and without mods, i think arctic cat was pretty ingenious when the started using A-arms instead of trailing arms, damn good idea, i think they started that in 01, polaris didnt use A arms until 06!!
Cat has had A Arms since the Trail Cat in 1979! And across the board basically in 84!

M8 all the way around!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
AC is the only choice. Yamaha is too heavy; if they turboed the Phazer from the factory they'd have something. Skidoo hit a rock and replace the whole sled. Polaris quit making the 700 RMK, and they've had nothing but problems with the 800 and the 600 is too small for real mountain riding.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Deffinantly Arctic cat.. If I was in the mountains id get myself an m8! Only concern is, Isnt cat making there own motors now, or does that start next year? Id wait a few seasons to buy a new sled

·
Registered
303 Posts
Then you have a bent up 6000 bulk head under your sled. Be thankfull for A arms they are designed to break under so much pressure so you don't f!!! up your bulkhead then your screwd.
thats what im say'n.. :cool:

JT

·
Registered
303 Posts
He went from a mountian sled to a flatlander?
Yeah i dont know why.. He was probly one of those guys that hard core trail rides a mountain sled. lol

JT

1 - 20 of 30 Posts