Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I both have 2000 MXZ 700s that we are selling in Feb. We will both be ordering a 2005 REV. Definitely going for the X package. Color and engine still not real sure. We are leaning towards the 600HO SDI, but the perfect engine would be a 700HO SDI. As far as color, right now, the yellow and blue looks best, but what will 05 colors be???

What are others looking at getting?????

Glad I didn't buy one this year with the lack of snow. Hopefully more snow will fall and next year will be a better winter.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
UNPREDICTABLE WINTERS IS WHY I DON'T BUY NEW, NOT TO MENTION KID IN COLLEGE, HAPPY ENOUGH WITH MY '01, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN ON THE '05, I WOULD RECOMEND A 800H.O:D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
are the '05's out already??

·
Registered
205 Posts
no, the '05 sleds arent out yet. although, pics of them should start making there way to some of the snowmobile sites soon. i cant wait to see what ski-doo and polaris have for performance sleds!! that RMK on the polaris page sure is sweet tho.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
GEE HILLBILLY, I CAN'T PICTURE YOU WANTING TO SEE ANYTHING
FROM SKI-DOO BY THE WAY YOU TRY (KEY WORD TRY) TO PUT THEM DOWN UNLESS YOUR EDGE X HAS HAD TO SEE THE TAILLIGHTS OF THEM WAY TOO OFTEN, TO CLARIFY ANOTHER POST
DEPENDING ON CLUTCHING AND GEARING, THERE IS NO REASON
THAT A 600 OR A 700 CANT BEAT A 800 PROBABLY NOT AS MANY TIMES AS CLAIMED BY SOME MEMBERS BUT IT IS POSSIBLE. I HAD A 600 THAT I CHANGED CLUTCHING AND SPANKED BIGGER SLEDS TO APROX. 95 THEN GOT BEAT BUT NOT BY MUCH THEY ALL RUN OUTTA STEAM SHORTLY OVER 100 MY 800 ADRENILINE WAS RADARED(OFF DUTY SHERRIF DEPUTY WHO RIDES) AT 112 TOPS,(STRICKLY STOCK)
YEA, I RIDE SKI-DOO AND HAVE FOR MANY YEARS, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WOULDN'T BUY SOMETHING ELSE,BUT SKI-DOO
HAS PROVEN TO ME THEIR REALIABLTY AND THAT THEY CAN TAKE ONE HELL OF A BEATING. I HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS HELPING FREINDS REPAIR THEIR CATS AND POLS TO KEEP THEM RIDING AND I TRY TO GIVE GOOD ADVICE TO FELLOW RIDERS
AND NEWBIES, UNLIKE SOME, IF I CAN'T ANSWER THEIR QUESTION I KEEP MY YAP SHUT, THERE IS A DIFFERNCE BETWEEN
FREINDLY RIBBING AND BEING A FULL FLEDGED DICK, IN THE 25 YEARS I HAVE ENJOYED THE SPORT I HAVE DONE MY SHARE OF RIBBING, BUT I HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO PROMOTE THE SPORT AND HELP OUT WHEN I CAN DESPITE HAVING TO LISTEN TO LITTLE PRICKS LIKE YOU APPEAR TO BE. OTHER MEMBERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR CRAP JUST BECAUSE YOUR PANTIES ARE IN A TWIST OR GOT SLIPPED SOME YELLOW SNOW JUST CHILL OUT AND ENJOY THE SPORT NOMATTER
WHAT ANYBODY ELSE RIDES,TO EACH THEIR OWN, AND FOR THE RECORD I HAVE RIDDEN A EDGE X 800 AND FIND NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT AND MY DOO IN EITHER HANDLING OR PERFORMANCE AND WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM OWNING EITHER, BUT I ALSO SHOP FOR PRICE AS WELL AND I GOT A MUCH BETTER DEAL ON THE DOO AND KNEW THE HISTORY ON THE SLED AND I HAVE POSTED PICS, NOT KEPT IT UNDER RAPS. SO SHOW US WHAT YA GOT.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hahaha, i dont hate ski-doo, i just like polaris and arctic cat better. they're what i've always ridden. that '02mxz700 guy said that his sled was stock and beat those other sleds. i get sick of people saying their 5,6,700's are gonna beat all these other sleds. i got an 800 with pipes, boost bottle and clutching because i wanted a fast sled and i'm sure a ski-doo, yammie, or a/c with equal stuff on it COULD beat me. if they have more stuff, they're GONNA beat me. and my signature just happens to be some good lines that i've heard over the years and the fact that i like polaris and a/c better. also, i will post some pics of my sled and make all of you jealous:p lol. i've just gotta get going and get some.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Half of the people on this site has not even tried the other brand, so stop knocking others when you havent even have had one before... they all got there pro's and con's

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes i do agree dont bash unless u have had bad experiences with them. i will admit i used to bash on the ski doo guys at school all the time. the only reason was because of a polaris guy that i rode wit did it all the time it kinda wore on me. now i own a ski doo and wudnt trade it for nething. im even debating on sellin the old cat. so dont bash unless u have a reason

·
Registered
467 Posts
the new renegades will kick ass!! summit tunnel and 16 in. track. I am hot on the trail of the 1000 sdi twin! I will have one to go with my 03 800 rev x

·
Registered
467 Posts
got the full poop on the new mach from my dealer so left some snowcheck money! about 14000cdn for the new z but its a rocket!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will be buying two if all goes well. The skandic four stroke if I can some more info(have remote cottage on the lake and need it) and a new Summit 800 to replace my agine 670X Summit 1999

·
Registered
467 Posts
the 05 renegade is the only 05 out till fall. its the mid year limited build sled same as the morgan 7c was last year. dealer here has 1 its sweeet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts