Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having problems with my 1999 polaris xc700sp but turns out it was machanic error. I bought a 1997 mxz 583 to ride in the mean time. which one should i keep to ride? my brother loves his mxz but my polaris xc beats the hell out of it, but his is very reliable. HELP? I would also like to know the diff between the mxz 583 and the formula 583. thanks robert

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a 97 xcr and it was a rocket, but i still prefer the MXZ because theyre better in deep snow and handle a bit nicer. also the engines are bulletproof.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had a 97 xcr and it was a rocket, but i still prefer the MXZ because theyre better in deep snow and handle a bit nicer. also the engines are bulletproof.

I'm always hearing about the 583 engine being great. I won't argue that. I will say that the 99 700 xc motor is no slouch. The Poo chassis is MUCH tougher IMHO. I'm no fan of the S-chassis ski-doos as regards toughness. Easily tweaked or damaged.

I think the Poo suspension, front and back, is better. If you don't think so, try adjusting the Poo. I disagree on better handling of the S-chassis or deep snow performance, especially if you lower the Xtra ten with some brackets. The rear suspension is only coupled rear to front on the Doo. Remove the front scissors stops on the Poo and you will have a 97 Doo suspension.

Parts for Poos of that vintage are plentiful.

One reason his may be more reliable is because he doesn't stress his components as much. If you rode your Poo in such a fashion as to not "beat the hell" out of the MXZ, your Poo might be more reliable.

It's up to you. You have both sleds to compare in your possession. I think you know my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts