Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new here, my wife and I just bought some used sleds to get into snowmobiling, we have both ridden before but these are the first sleds we have owned, and I want to try and do all my own maintenance, so i will probably be here looking for help often. :laugh:

My question is what grease I should use to grease them, looking around the forum and online it appears amsoil grease works really well, I'm just confused as to which exact grease. I assume it is either their series 2000 racing grease (GRGCR-EA) or their Water Resistant Grease (GWRCR-EA). Does it matter which I use, or whichever ever one is cheaper? They both say they are good for low temp applications.

Thanks

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
the Water Resistant Grease is good. get a grease gun and grease all the fittings on the skid and through out the sled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, from what I read I can just grease everything until it starts to ooze out, i don't have to worry about over greasing anything correct?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Either one will work. I'm using the Series 2000 grease on my sleds and other vehicles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I ordered a tube of the amsoil water resistant grease mainly because it was cheaper than the series 2000 and rated a little better for water washout. (If I read the specs correctly)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts