Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've now had a few days to ride my sled and there was only one thing that was kind of annoying...no reverse. I was wondering where to find PERC stuff, especially a website would be good, because I would rather go through them than a dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not sure about the 04's, but I know that all previous years of XC SP's were not compatible with electric start kits. I wanted one on my 500 XC SP, but lots of people told me that it is not possible with out changing about $1100 of stuff in addition to the $570 electric start kit. You can get them for most other sleds but the XC SP's are racing sleds and therefore made to be light weight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the info, I wasnt sure if it was even possible either because well of course the lack of a battery and all...just hoping thats all

·
Registered
205 Posts
dude, pro x 700 is right, ALL of the '04 polaris sleds except the pro XR have perc. even the pro x and pro x 2's. what do the graphics look like? are you SURE it's an '04? call your dealer and ask him about it. i dunno, sounds kinda wierd to me. good luck. :confused:

·
Registered
97 Posts
PERC

Howdy, was just curious what perc was... is it the same as Skidoo's RER? I heard that polaris traded technology with skidoo to get that... skidoo got polaris's rear end suspension technology.

·
Registered
106 Posts
PERC- Polaris Electric Reverse Control. I don't know what the Ski-Doo system is like, but the PERC actually slows down the crank and then reverses the rotation of the engine. It must be done with the timing or something. My buddy has it on his new 550 fan, it is pretty awesome.

·
got snow?
93 Posts
Yea Skidoo traded the rotax electronic reverse technology to polaris as a trade off for copying their suspension.Not sure but i think they settled a lawsuit polaris had against skidoo by doing this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts