Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dennis kirk catalog doesnt offer the front shocks, and stock ones from acritc cat list for 330 bucks each..

had the sled out on the bumpy ice where the lake had thawed and refrozen and the skis were bouncing like a basket ball. rides the trails well but seem the original shocks could use some help. i would consider any advice on where to purchase a good set or maybe i should rebuild the originals. i just felt the stock ones being that old are maybe not as good as those more modern ones since.. the sled only has 1024 miles on it and looks mint one owner till me this year. i love this sled and want to keep it around for many more miles..

thanks in advance

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i see rebuilt kits around 30 bucks but i hear i need a special jaw for the vise to work on the tube shocks and how about the gas inside the shock, how do i get it recharged once i open it up to rebuild it..

mayb this is a job for the sled shop.. i found a link that i can send my shocks to and get them rebuilt and recharged for around 50 bucks each. might be a btr idea. just hate to be without the sled while the shocks are being worked on.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check your local craigslist. I've found a bunch of guys on there that rebuild shocks on a regular basis for cheap. Just be a little careful with who you chose, because some seem to have been doing it for years and a few guys just seem to have bought the tools and are trying to do it on the side for grins. Not that there is an issue with that, but I'd rather have someone that's been at it for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts