Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im lookin for somewhere to ride. i live in Elroy, WI which is like and hour straight east of LaCrosse. where is there plenty of snow to ride on that is within a few hours. if ya live there or have been there or know something about the riding conditions then let me (and everyone else near me without snow) know where to ride. also include if there are flat trails or hills and woods or w/e ya got. and how much!!! thanks alot latas

·
Registered
51 Posts
ONTARIO man we got lotza snow here. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
hell we have 5+ feet of snow in new york thanks to old lake ontario and it's still falling:D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I tell you right now its not in westborrk maine or anywhere near westbrook, we have 0 snow:( :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
not much of a trail system in westbrook is there?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
actually yea there is the pole lines/pipe lines run right through it and when they are groomed they are pretty sweet trails!! We FINALLY got 7-8 inches of snow form yesterday and today!! im so happy!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
must be hard to get much riding in down there though.....i am in the Auburn area and we havent really had many good winters in years, and we normally have alot more snow then portland area. I lived in Westbrook for one summer. Forget the name of the street....was drug bust all the time...a bar on the corner..and someone got shot....Brown street i think?? At least the chick I used to live with liked to ride....even without snow LOL But there was lots of snow around....just not the kind I like lol

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
88plusrider said:
must be hard to get much riding in down there though.....i am in the Auburn area and we havent really had many good winters in years, and we normally have alot more snow then portland area. I lived in Westbrook for one summer. Forget the name of the street....was drug bust all the time...a bar on the corner..and someone got shot....Brown street i think?? At least the chick I used to live with liked to ride....even without snow LOL But there was lots of snow around....just not the kind I like lol
You got it right about Brown Street!! But actually the riding here isnt bad at all, we usually have a lot of snow but this is our second storm of the year and it still didnt drop that much

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
01MXZ800 said:
hell we have 5+ feet of snow in new york thanks to old lake ontario and it's still falling:D
Where??? I'm in Rochester. I bought 2 sleds a couple weeks ago, and only been able to put a couple hundred miles on - mostly in back-yard fields. Gotta get my son through the safety course, and we'll be looking for March snow to ride in! Where are you hiding it?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Went to Pulaski area (central NY) over the weekend. Plenty of snow up there (some bare spots, but overall, pretty good).

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
michigans UP still has snow...i was up there not this weekend that passed, but the one before...snows still-a-fallin

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
I rode in Gaylord, MI this past weekend. Fri was perfect, snow was falling the entire time we were out. Saturday was OK, but not great.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
its alright hank we forgive ya

·
Registered
48 Posts
In Aroostook County Maine and we still have snow up here, Trails are just about at thier peek up here if the weather stays below 30. We are still getting southeners and outter staters comming up and putting miles on thier sleds and tourists. We are too far north to never have a winter although this winter for snowmobilers has been the worst one since I can remember in the last 15-20 years or so, we have not had much to work with!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Woo Hoo!!! Supposed to get a big storm today... twelve inches, by the time it's done!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow,
How are the trails in NY anyway, I never been riding there? I guess I didn't hear about the storm but my sled is put away for winter anyway. I am anzious to take out the sportsman!:cool:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
polarisman_04 said:
Wow,
How are the trails in NY anyway, I never been riding there? I guess I didn't hear about the storm but my sled is put away for winter anyway. I am anzious to take out the sportsman!:cool:
The trail system is extensive, covering hundreds of miles throughout the Adirondack region. Most are well marked, main corridor trails. Secondaries are just as plentiful, and as big as highways. All of the trails are well maintained and groomed regularly. This is a very rustic region - out in the middle of nowhere - rural roads and small-town inns. For the most part, it's a vacation/tourist area. Camping in the summer, snowmobiling in the winter. Nothing much else up there. Sweet trails (but I've never really been anywhere else to give an objective comparison). Seasoned travellers could better compare the NY trails to other areas.

Spent last weekend on some secondary trails in the lower part of the system (Pulaski area). Didn't want to have to trailer too far, so we stuck to the closer trails. Plenty of snow in most areas. Sides of roads were bare, so crossing bridges and streets was less than optimal. It's really the end of the season here. so not many riders were out. Only passed three others on the trails in the four or so hours we were out. Lost count of the deer - they were everywhere!!! Stopped several times just to watch them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Went riding last Saturday in Florida! They had about 18" of snow, Trails were just groomed the day before and were excellent. The local club said they got a little rain Saturday afternoon but then got another 3 inches of snow on top of the 18". They are saying that it is definetly worth the trip. Oh...and by the way...It's Florida, Massachusetts, not the state! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts