Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Probably right in front of me, but where is the e brake on a polaris indy (98)? Just got the machine and built a ramp for it, but I can't see the brake to hold the sled when its on the ramp. Have a feeling that any levers, etc may be missing. Anyone??

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
theres usually a sort of clip/lever somewhere on the main brake handle that will fold in/out to keep the brake lever engaged/disengaged. There are many different styles of them, so it's hard to say what exactly you should be looking for.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
ah, I can't really tell. Google Img'ed it and it appears they all don't have anything obvious (that I can tell anyway). I'm sure somebody else will know.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I don't think that sled has a E-brake period. Usually there are teeth for the lever to grab when you flip it open and I do not see any on yours.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine doesn't have one either. A hose clamp might work, or one of those velcro straps that sticks to itself when wrapped upon itself. I might try a big o-ring I have as well.

Blake

·
Super Moderator
17,904 Posts
I had a 98 Indy 440, it had a parking brake. The Polaris microfiche shows one on the Indy 500 in 98, as well. The one on the 440 was kind of a pain to activate, but it worked ok. Check for your sled here, and look under the "controls" tab to see where it would fit.

Browse

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think alot of them were never installed new at the dealer... i bought a 97 new and got the park brake kit in a little bag with instructions with the owners manual. should include the lever, a special washer, a spring, and a screw. attached to the brake control, have to squeeze the brake handle applying the brake, then flip the park brake lever so it holds the hydraulic brake applied. the lever is red in color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts