Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked this up this past summer..for 100 bucks. Its a Dunecycle, from A.P.E. in California. It was chained to a telephone pole for sale. Despite being a lil neglected to the elements...its in GREAT shape. From what we have found out..its somewhere between a 74-78.

Its coming apart for a full restoration in the spring. We have already put a brand new 6hp Robin engine on it, according to a car speedo we are at 38 mph!

Comet secondary, rear cable drums, full rear differential. Original Goodyear street tires. And from the old ads I have seen...it was available with a front ski!! I'm lookin to pick up an old ski just to fab up for the rest of the winter.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spot Granny!

How much was it? Looks like a fun toy!
We have about 350 in it with the new motor and some small stuff. Its an absolute blast with rear diff..its a right turn tire smoker with the left brake on...:D

Yeah..Granny is in that one! Sucks man, she just passed on in November. She was always egging me on with the silly projects LOL...she was my biggest fan. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have chains on her now, she FLIES and bites hard on the ice! Years ago when they were being made the company offered a ski for it. I am picking up new skis for my Yamaha this spring so one of the old ones will make the sacrifice to the welding gods...

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Imagine that thing with a 440 in it :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Snowmobile.com App

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Remember the Rupp Tri-sport?
We used to take those and throw the sissy 4hp brigs away and put 295 singles on them.
Of course, then wheelie bars were necessary or they would flip over backwards.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sweet Ride!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts