Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure the Thundercat is one....but what else is a fast sled.

I have a v-max 4, and now want something faster.

Please tell me what years to keep an eye out for also.

Thanks.

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
Not again!!??:eek: My head is gonna' explode!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
WOW two for two!
Ok going back a little I didn't know about 800 Polaris ever being real fast but they did say it was so OK and of course there is the Mack Z, did I leve any one out? Oh yeah Yamaha Didn't they make something fast oh yeah the Vmax 4!
Just kidding ya the VMax would be in that class, now that 700 triple thats a whole nother thread! As for the new stuff, a well tuned F7 would out run that VMax, and that 1000SDI would be alot faster yet oh and the cat too! But hold on what about that MXZ 800R for 08? Good God I love this, where are we going to go next? This sport just keeps getting better and faster all the time!

·
Head horsepower junkie
1,977 Posts
the polaris XCR 800 is one of the fastest ever.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
OK and I said that, I just never ran against one or new anyone with one.
I think there have been alot of really fast sleds made over the years and it's hard to say what is the fastest any one manuf may have made? But for each of the top 4 manuf now, does my list miss any sleds?

·
Registered
142 Posts
What about the earlier verson of hte xcr? The storm? For the yeras it was out it had to be at the top somewhere. What does xcr stand for by chance? Anyone know the stock hp of a storm? The 800 storm that is. i heard the xcr had around 150 to 155 stock.

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
IndianRvrShiver said:
Not again!!??:eek: My head is gonna' explode!!:rolleyes:
:laugh: LMAO!!!

·
Try to catch my CAT
2,311 Posts
:eek: Two of the fastest sleds ever are in my trailer right now!!:laugh: :p

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
tamacat said:
:eek: Two of the fastest sleds ever are in my trailer right now!!:laugh: :p
What's my sled doing in your trailer??:confused: :eek:

·
Try to catch my CAT
2,311 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well no one said anything about the xcr and what it stands for. Along with the storm. Which was probably a lighter sled that had the same engine as the xcr. The storm had to be a beast back in the day when it first came out.

·
Registered
627 Posts
XCR = Cross Country Racer. The Storm was a dog its first year and never really lived up to its billing. I am sure they were fast enough but not quite as good as the ZRT or the Mach Z. When they put power valves on the 800 triple is when the power really came out. They switched to the power valves in 1999 and switched the name to XCR. After this they were at the top of the heap. I read an article on a stock shootout for either 2000 or 2001 and it was right with the T-Cat at the end of the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Cdndairyman said:
XCR = Cross Country Racer. The Storm was a dog its first year and never really lived up to its billing. I am sure they were fast enough but not quite as good as the ZRT or the Mach Z. When they put power valves on the 800 triple is when the power really came out. They switched to the power valves in 1999 and switched the name to XCR. After this they were at the top of the heap. I read an article on a stock shootout for either 2000 or 2001 and it was right with the T-Cat at the end of the 1/4 mile.
seeing how i do 50 with 1/4 throttle im the fastest here:cheeky4: lmao jk about the fastest sled no BS on the throttle

·
Head horsepower junkie
1,977 Posts
jwk316 said:
What about the earlier verson of hte xcr? The storm? For the yeras it was out it had to be at the top somewhere. What does xcr stand for by chance? Anyone know the stock hp of a storm? The 800 storm that is. i heard the xcr had around 150 to 155 stock.

WTF read b4 u post. I said XCR 800. and the storms were weak.

·
Head horsepower junkie
1,977 Posts
kccats said:
Why would you say the XCR was weak?

u need to read carfully too!

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
1 - 20 of 87 Posts