Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and currently own a polaris and looking to buy my first Artic Cat but have some ? Looking at the F7 and dont know how Artic Cat defines there sleds. The ones I have been looking at say sno pro or fire cat and them some dont say anything besides F7. Is ther a diffrance? And if so what is it? Also some say the 03 are the best year and if so why. One more thing that I have noticed that some are carb and some are EFI. Is one better then the other? Thanks to all that responed.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
it really depends on how you ride. most things like that are the setup of the suspensions and track length. but i'm not a cat guy so i'm not 100% sure. But i think the F7 is a 700cc now if i'm wrong let me know.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
first letter is (m)ountains or (f)latland (firecat), the number is the engine size.

m7 is mountain 700cc, f6 is firecat 600cc, etc... Sno-pro is the heavier suspension, better for big hits, less friendly in the trails. Its available on either the f or m sleds.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
EFI is way better than carbs.
I almost agree lol. older ones like polaris had there problems. but new ones like he wants yes EFI is the way to go. better response

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
EFI-easy, easy starting
carbs-more possible problems, still good, but if I was to choose i would always take EFI for ease of use.

03 have a different fuel map on the cpu. fastest year of the f7's

sno-pro packages have better shocks and stiffer springs. Better if you ride hard. Not as cushy if you ride easy.

their are other "editions" of many sleds, i.e. black widow, some others i can't remember... they're just different paint schemes

a crossfire is a cross between the trail and mountain versions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts