Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i'm looking at getting a 06 F120 for my lil girl she's 9. How are these lil sleds.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
as far as mechanically..... It's pretty easy to make a low hp, low speed, four stroke sled perform reliably and comfortably.

I'm pretty sure any 9 year old would be more than happy with anything that is bought specifically for them. We didn't get one because they're more just for toys around the yard and we trail ride. I started riding solo at age 12 on our 380, so the investment just wasn't worth it for us.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kind of what I was thinking..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey everyone i'm looking at getting a 06 F120 for my lil girl she's 9. How are these lil sleds.
I bought my friend son one of these last year he was 7. They are pretty neat and very easy to work on. They are very safe there is a Speed Screw that will govern the speed and i think at it's max it will do around 8mph and then you can use the speed screw to make it slower. I do no they make some after market parts for it where you can get it to go pretty good maybe 15 mph but like the guy said before me these things are only good for around the house you could go trail riding with it but only if you are ok with doing 8mph:laugh:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i'm just going to put some money into my old 94 Indy 500 for her and her mom to ride around on. A seat cover and some fine tuning and they will be good to go.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think i'm just going to put some money into my old 94 Indy 500 for her and her mom to ride around on. A seat cover and some fine tuning and they will be good to go.
For a 9 year old i think this would be a great route to take she will love the indy

·
Registered
318 Posts
I agree, those little 120's aren't very good investments if you ask me...get her an older sled thats cheap and that she can learn on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts