Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Vintage Racer
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you drive? I'm sure all know what I have but I'm curious to see other peoples

Heres my 1990 Chevy Astro Van with 31 Firestone A/T Wranglers

Also my project car- 1979 Olds Wagon, Rebuilding a Chevy Small Block and then swapping the motor

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got my daddy's truck for the time being. It is a 2001 ford F250 that we bought in 2002 with 16,000 miles on it. It now has 108,000 and is starting to rust, because of the Northern Illinois winter. I am still very lucky to be able to drive it.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ya I would love to get my own truck, but my parents say just save for college. My guess is if I get into the program I want I will need a truck and buy one then. But until then I get to drive daddy's truck. hehe

·
is riding a 78 Hawk
513 Posts
i drive a 2010 silverado and ride a mix of a 78 Honda Hawk and an 83 Suzuki GS850

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
07 d-max crew classic. prepping for a trade in on a leftover 10. wanted the new 11 but the economy and budget wont allow.

·
Registered
139 Posts
07 d-max crew classic. prepping for a trade in on a leftover 10. wanted the new 11 but the economy and budget wont allow.
ohh come on an 07 isn't new enough 4 ya. My families newest vehicle is an 05. The only new vehicle my dad ever bought was an extremely basic 90 ford f150 with a straight 6 and a 4 speed. I'm not judging you at all but ask yourself do you really need it. I'm sure that 07 dmax is nice. please don't think I am flaming you though.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
ohh come on an 07 isn't new enough 4 ya. My families newest vehicle is an 05. The only new vehicle my dad ever bought was an extremely basic 90 ford f150 with a straight 6 and a 4 speed. I'm not judging you at all but ask yourself do you really need it. I'm sure that 07 dmax is nice. please don't think I am flaming you though.
my theory is simple. because my trucks get alot of wear and tear serving as work rig during the week and a play rig for weekends, the mileage adds up. i take excellent care of all my vehicles, but i cant do anything about the mileage short of just parking it. so to keep the value up on the current truck, by trading them off ever 3-4 years, i recieve a higher return on my investment. if i am making a truck payment anyway, why pay for one thats approaching high miles and loosing potential value when the same payment puts me back into that new car smell every couple of years and repeats the cycle, as opposed to being upside down in a payment vs value situation. just my theory of basic vehicle economics, right or wrong.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh no arguments here but just curious what is your opinion of high mileage? My dad has had the same truck for 8 years and his opinion is to get his money out of the truck with use. We use our truck which has 108,000 miles on it mostly to pull our 34' fifth wheel camper. I think probably close to 50,000 of those miles are pulling the trailer which is about 11-12,000 pounds. This truck we have has been hit twice as well. We will probably drive it into the ground because it ain't worth much any more. As for whose system is better I can see both and if you like driving new vehicles then it does cost more out of your pocket but like my family we don't mind driving a little bit older vehicles. Just remember I am not flaming at all just opinions.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice those things run for ever. My friend has an old chevy farm truck with the 6.5. They bought it for 500 bucks and have used the sh1l out of it for about 8 years. Still starts up well but smokes a lot. They really have to replace the glow plugs. The motor has like 250,000 miles on it I think. Awsome truck I would love to own one.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts