1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Polaris xlt sks
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people have for next winter
I’ll go first

Right now I have a 1997 Polaris xlt sks, and I’m hoping to sell my spare chassis and use some money to get a parts sled. My dad has a 2013 renegade 800 and if he gets a new sled next winter then I’ll buy his 800 off of him. So right now my sled is sitting outside with a cover on, when September comes I want to bring it in the garage to work on it.

We have a 1989 tundra lt 250 but it is currently under restoration, for over 4 years now

Now on the other hand I’ll keep my sled, get a parts sled and wait until I have enough money to buy a new snowmobile

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
I'll keep rocking my SKS, too (although, it's a bit newer). With as few trips as I got out on last year, it will last me until I'm no longer able to ride! I should correct that... maybe spend less days in the snow cat and more on the sled! Oh well, all snow fun is still fun!

·
Registered
1997 Polaris xlt sks
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll keep rocking my SKS, too (although, it's a bit newer). With as few trips as I got out on last year, it will last me until I'm no longer able to ride! I should correct that... maybe spend less days in the snow cat and more on the sled! Oh well, all snow fun is still fun!
What year sks is it?
Edit: I’m guessing by your status it’s a 2017?

·
Registered
26,229 Posts
I finished my SRV last year and hope to be taking jugs in to be bored next week for my Ovation Project!
I have made repairs for MY Pantera but cant seem to find any better quality Bearings for drive & jack shafts!

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
I’m guessing by your status it’s a 2017?
That would be correct. SKS in that year is an RMK Axys with a chaincase instead of a belt drive, more cooling with front and rear heat exchangers, full bogey wheel rear suspension, and comes standard with electric start. That makes it weigh in at about 443 lbs as opposed to the RMK at 408 lbs (lightest in the industry at the time). I got the SKS because all the guys that ride the Pro RMK were having a lot of overheating issues when on the trails. We were constantly having to stop and let them cool down. The RMK works great in the powder, not so great when it's hardpack or on the trails.

I didn't think I would care much about the E-start, but after riding it for a few years, I won't have another sled without it. I'm getting lazy in my old age ;)

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
My main ride is still my 2015 Renegade BackCountry 600.

Only real changes that might happen would be getting my 1999 Jag restored. It only needs a few parts. Then take the frankensled (base is a 1999 Z 370), and continue to franken- it. I have a 133" track that will go on it, just need to extend the rails that are on it. Has a 440 motor in it now.

My son wants to sell his 1999 670 HO. Not sure what to ask for it, but it has a rebuild on it that is only 1 season old. Probably about 150 miles on it.

·
Registered
1997 Polaris xlt sks
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My main ride is still my 2015 Renegade BackCountry 600.

Only real changes that might happen would be getting my 1999 Jag restored. It only needs a few parts. Then take the frankensled (base is a 1999 Z 370), and continue to franken- it. I have a 133" track that will go on it, just need to extend the rails that are on it. Has a 440 motor in it now.

My son wants to sell his 1999 670 HO. Not sure what to ask for it, but it has a rebuild on it that is only 1 season old. Probably about 150 miles on it.
Nice! My dad had a 670 before, was a good sled for him. Last year I was about to take a look at a 1996 ski doo mxz 583, if I got it, I would have bored the engine, and put a 146” track and skid on it along with a 4 or 5” handlebar riser. But I got my xlt instead, so now I plan on making a sleeper triple/backcountry sled.
Edit: or maybe a classic mountain mod sled, I don’t know yet

Here she is

·
Registered
318 Posts
I picked up a 1981 John Deere Liquifire that has not run in 30 years. It was stored inside, so it is in good shape. It is coming in the garage' for a rebuild. Something to play with. I ran Deere's back in the 80's and always wanted a Liquifire.

The other sleds are a 21 Ski Doo GT sport, 2018 Summit 600, and a 96 Yamaha V Max 600.

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,155 Posts
'12 Yamaha Apex XTX - Mine
'06 Ski Doo MXZ Renegade 600 SDI - Wife/Kid
'94 Polaris Indy 440 LC - Kid/Wife

Lineup probably won't change at this point. We're slowly becoming snowbirds...

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,155 Posts
Lol! I do want to hang around like we have so far, leave late Feb. Which has worked out well the last couple years. There hasn't been new snow after we left. And barely enough to ride on last year up here...

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
best of both worlds!

Snow has been a bit light here too, although there were some guys that were riding to the end of April. I'm not fond of that, the snow is usually really bad and lots of rocks/gravel starts showing, and that takes a toll on the skis and track. I'm just not that hard core any more.

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,155 Posts
Ya, my buds quit riding right after we left. I wish we'd get hammered by the end of Nov. Especially since I quit plowing, I just need to do my own drive now....😁

·
Registered
26,229 Posts
It was great this Year!
From North Central Illinois here I had friends show up from everywhere else to ride from HERE LOL

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,155 Posts
Needed to go 'south' to ride.....😳😂

1 - 20 of 21 Posts