Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll try to keep this short, but I'm looking for some input. I have owned a 93 Polaris 580 XLT and 02 Polaris Classic 700. I was only able to get a few years out of both sleds combined, however they where bought used, well past their prime. I live in the Chicago West suburbs and have probably done 7 or 8 trips to norther WI and a few quick trips over the boarder in MI. I'm looking to get a new or newer sled in the next month or so. My last 2 experiences hasn't left me loving Polaris, but I have friends that swear by them. I also have a few friends that are very loyal to Artic Cat and love them as well. Those have always been the 2 most common sleds in the group. For some reason, the group has avoided Ski-doo and Yamaha. However, I will say the only time we have ever encountered a brand new sled with less than 200 miles on it broken down on the edge of the trail, it was a ski-doo. Long story short, I'm looking for someone to sell me a newer make and model or hear models to avoid. I will be riding this sled primarily on the trails and WI and MI, but will also ditch it around IL when the weather allows it. I also wouldn't mind having a sled that could make it in the mountains, if I was to find myself out there once or twice in the next 5 years. It doesn't have to be good for the mountains, but could make it in a pitch if I so choose. I like to go fast, but I don't need to go fast all the time. I find wooded trails more enjoyable than open lakes, However it is nice to hit the gas and fly once in a while. I'm open to 2 or 4 stoke, 2012 or newer, 600cc and up, but most importantly RELIABILITY! Trying to stay under 10k at all costs, but not afraid of saving money on a great deal, I'm even looking at a 2012 Polaris 750 turbo IQ, however I hear they are very heavy, but crazy fast. Open to suggestions or Models to avoid. Main priority is Reliability.

Thanks to anybody that posts on this!

BG

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Welcome!
I have heard nothing good about the Polaris 4 strokes.
I would however recommend the 2010-2 Cross fire 800 R.
It has the 800 ho with 160 hp
A 136" track witch is IMO the Best trail track size.
And would be very capable off trail and out west!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts