Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I have a EXT 550 and this year I was hoping to buy a 2002 ZR 600 or a ZR 600EFI. one of my friends said that the carb. model would be the better one. and another friend told me that the EFI would the better one. I was just wondering what you guys thought. I live in IL and take lots of trips up to WI.

Is there any difference in speed between the two sleds.
couple guys I was talking to at the dealer said that the carb model would get of the starting line faster.
But at the same dealer some other guys said that the EFI model would get of the starting line faster.

so what do you think Carb or EFI

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I have a 500 EFI and I absolutely love it. It is really nice because you never have to rejet it and they always start (ALWAYS!) within 3 good pulls.

The engine in mine has never had any problems. Infact this year I considered buying an 2002 CC 500 EFI, but did not due to lack of snow. I was debating between it and an MXZ 500... the Zr is more expensive, but imo a better sled.

I would definately go with the EFI. Btw, I have never felt my zr lacked power on the start. Usually it just jumps up and goes no problem. The key is that with EFI it never bogs down or experiences major performance changes as the temp changes outside, whereas with carbs it can.

So one day, say 5 degrees, a carb sled might be faster, and then if the temperature changes to say 25 degrees my EFI will probably be faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks alot for the info I think i have decided to get the EFI. one of my cousins came out and he just bought a used 2001 ZL 600 EFI and that thing beats his other ZL 600 (CARB) of the line every time and when you are racing it is faster. Well thanks alot for the info

ZR 600 EFI

·
Registered
1 Posts
zrman. A EFI sled would be a better sled to buy you will get better out of the hole power and better gas mileage.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
ZR man said:
Thanks alot for the info I think i have decided to get the EFI. one of my cousins came out and he just bought a used 2001 ZL 600 EFI and that thing beats his other ZL 600 (CARB) of the line every time and when you are racing it is faster. Well thanks alot for the info
ZR 600 EFI
Your welcome and have fun!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well it does depend. Do you want to sarcrifice a horsepower or two for 2 pull starting and and never have to use choke again. I live in madison wisconsin(Waunakee) and i ride north lately. I find it better to use EFI so it changes the fuel intake and so on. Warmer days it runs leaner and colder more fuel. It also has the feature of upgrading. You can buy EFI chips to increase top speed, power band, fuel economy, and lot better responsive ness. I would reccomend the EFI oer carb for mainly the ease of use.

my .02$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts