Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. i am relatively new to the snowmobiling scene. i own a 1990 cougar right now and am gonna sell it to a buddy in the spring. i am pondering what type of arctic cat would be a good trail sled between the years of 1994 to about 1997. what i mean is that i don't know what type of sleds are trail sleds and what type of sleds are race sleds etc. thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Man, that's a tough question.What do you wanna get out of another sled?How fast do you want to go?There are a lot of good sleds in those years.I'd say see what's out there when you're looking and pick out the best one for you.

If you look at something and come here to ask about it, you'll get lots of good information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well actually i was thinking about gettin a zr or wildcat between the years of 94 and 97 probly does anyone know if these are good sleds or not?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
a zr is a good sled, i have heard nothing but bad things about wildcats

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh u don't hear too much about wildcats but zr's u do and i am pretty sure that i am gonna go with a zr. what are some of the certain things that u have heard about wildcats. thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Well my friend has one and it runs like $hit and it always needs to be fixed and so doesnt his brothers wildcat

·
Registered
205 Posts
ZR 580's are great machines, a '95 was my first sled and i still have it in the yard. i sold it to my brother and he rode it for quite a while. they're good solid machines. i wouldnt go with efi in those years tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh i heard efi are not a good thing to get into in those years i am a fan of carb power my self. well alrighty then i will stick a zr on my list and start lookin for one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts