Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping i could get some help here. it is difficult to get parts when i dont know what i have. i had a 1989 safari given to me that the motor was screwed i got it running but now have spark problems but thats not really the issue. The tunnel says it was made in 88 which makes it an 89. it has a 377 motor and it has a formula hood fitted so i cant even tell by looking at pictures. any help would be greatly appreciated. as far as the no spark goes, i had weak spark on the left so i replaced my coil, got strong spark still wouldnt run, found out the carb was set lean when i got it and i melted a piston and rings...put new piston, rings, jugs in and took her out, ran great for 5 min then just commin up the trail i lost spark all togeather...thinking stator or cdi. any way to tell which one?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem, was given a sled for owed money and had different hood suspension etc... had no idea what piston to get to rebuild it so i called polaris dealership read them the VIN and they came back with year make and model.... So, give the dealership a call they will run it for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's a sled decoder up in the stickys

1 - 3 of 3 Posts