Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 02 zr800 and i went riding the lakes by me this weekend and i just got it this season so its pretty much the first time i could ride and hold it wide open for a while. but it only revs to about 6900rpms... i was wondering if thats normal or what they should rev to or how to get it to rev higher?

it does have a purple primary spring and the seconday has a black magic helix with a red spring. if that makes a difference.

it seems to run fine but all my buddies sleds go to 7-8 grand. or more.
any input would help thanks....

·
Registered
95 Posts
That sounds pretty low try tightening your secondary spring and see where that puts you if your secondary is tighted to the max your helix may be the wrong one!! you should be up around 7900 and i've seen them run at 8100

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i tightened my secondary spring 2 notches last night.... my primary is purple and according to my airbox it shows the part number as stock. and the secondary is solid red. which also shows as stock. but the helix is a blackmagic helix... so hopefully this weekend i can get out to the lakes and test it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.... oh yea it does have APV and ACT clutch... but it rips as is so i dont think that anythings clogged. its probably a clutching issue

·
Polaris
132 Posts
Check you exhaust valve cables. If one is broke you will not be lifting the exhaust valve and will loose top end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didnt check the exhaust valves yet. i dont really know how they come apart so i was gona try the clutch spring first.. then if not then ill pull it apart and clean it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wooowwww... so i pulled the power valves last night and the cables were not even hooked up to the actuator... and when i pulled the slides they were all gummed up with black stuff that was like tree sap almost... so i cleaned it all up and hooked it up.. i could only run on a stand last night so i dont really know if its working right.. but when the track starts moving the actuator twists once then back off.. then when i get to high rpms it twists back and holds the valves open.... so pretty much im just wondering if thats normal? and ill see what it revs to this weekend when i can get out and ride.

basically a big thanks to the guy i bought it from for being a rip.. ha

·
Registered
26,123 Posts
there you go, if you thought that was a beast just wait! Mine will turn 7900! You do realize that you have one of (the 9 is THE) the best sleds made!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so i got to ride last night and i put the secondary clutch back to where it was when all this first started.. and with the apv hooked up it will only turn about 6500-6800 rpms max now.. i dono wtf is the deal.. but like before the thing hauls balls so if anyone has any input let me know please.

p.s. im lost. help me out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts