Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me to stay with the Ski Doo 2 storke oil for my 2004 Legend but it's extremely expensive. Any reasonably price alternatives?
Thanks, Airpix

·
Registered
97 Posts
my dealer sells oil bulk... ask your dealer if you can just get your 4L jug refilled... it's only like $20. I use Turco 60%, but regular 2 stroke to break in my sled.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
HEY FENDR, SHORT ON CASH FELT THE NEED TO ADVERTISE FOR SOME COMMISION COIN?:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
I figured you'd come around.
Had to help him out before he has to take stock in NGK.:D
ya know the need for a good oil.
:p

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
im gettin free oil this year... my dads friend works for lubrisoil. we're testing their new synthetic oil. they will also clean and might replace our power valves. i would definately go synthetic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
why synthetic?

skidoo_magoo what kind of advantages to you see using synthetic oil? Does it make a difference what kind of 2 cycle synthetic oil to use?

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
not going to bother to explain it here, but synthetic is simply put, a better oil

Use this analogy: There are only so many women in the world, none of them are perfect, with Synthetic oil, your making your own woman, a perfect (or near) one

:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
hmmm

do any of you use "RED LINE 2-stroke racing oil" this is about $37 per gallon but is GREAT!!!! i was using it in my kx250,.. then got the sled and use it in that now....no complaints here!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
quaker state ,ive never blown a moter using that oil ,bell ray seems to eat plugs , and i roasted my cr125 useing it

·
Registered
329 Posts
dnrtheil, here is a link to read all about Amsoil: http://www.performanceoiltechnology.com/snowmobiles.htm
Reason you do not see them available in the public eye, is they work through certified dealers/distributors. It is slowly leaking out to such places like Fleet Farm, only because they stand behind the product too. Reason being they want feed back to better perfect the product unlike most manufactures thet just want to sell, sell, sell.

(I am not a Amsoil distributor, just a customer.)

·
two-stroke-smoke
129 Posts
Amsoil is good. I get mine at Fleet Farm. Ran out last week and all I had on hand was Artic Blue Synthetic injector oil. Seemed to smoke less and not much of a noticeable difference. Cheap too. Anybody else run that?

Oh yeah and my opinion on factory reccomended oils is to just go "aftermarket" synthetic. Sure you can't go wrong with factory stuff but you usually just pay for the name.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ive been using the Bombardier mineral 2 stroke injector oil, can pick a 4l bottle up from the local walmart for $19.97 or something like that. In my previous sleds that required to be mixed, i usually went with Castrol 2 stoke oil. Have never used anything but those. Have been thinking of switching to Klotz, but not sure if theres a distributor nearby.

·
Registered
46 Posts
outboard oil is not good to use in snowmobiles, it gets really thick in the cold weather....i wouldnt use it, id go get some oil thats engineered for snowmobiles

·
Registered
15 Posts
And in reply to the factory oils,ski-doo-cat-poo-yama would be loosing lots of money if they told you,"Use aftermarket and not use factory".There in it for the money also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts