Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im asking this question because my brother In-Law is being suckered in By his polaris dealer. They have told him not too put any other brand but there polaris oil into his 600 rush. He is paying $80Dollars for 4Litters of oil.

For myself, I,ve been just Putting in MotoMaster 2stroke snowmobile Oil.

His polaris dealer has him beliving that he Must only use there Polaris brand Oil.. Me myself, have never used dealer oil on my ATV's or Sled.

Can you guys please confirm this? That any 2stroke snowmobile oil will be fine, so he can stop wasting his money.

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want someone on here too confirm, That you can use any 2stroke Snowmobile oil in your sled.

So i can show him, and he can stop paying 80 for 4litters.

So can you use any 2stroke snowmobile OIL in your sled?

Thanks

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
You can, but he'll want to use a full synthetic to keep his VES valves clean (regardless of brand). I use Polaris VES Gold Full syn $40/gal. Yes it's pricey, but it's just cheap insurance that I can't blame an engine failure on cheap oil.

·
simy03
74 Posts
When I bought my fusion back in 07, the dealer told me that if i didn't run the VES Gold in my sled throughout the warranty period, Polaris would not stand behind it if something happened. Not sure how they would be able to tell? Maybe by the distinct fruity smell that it has! I have been using AMS Oil Interceptor ever since my warranty was out, and haven't had any problems, although there isn't much price difference. One of my co-workers uses the Sea and Snow synthetic from Fleet Farm in his 02 viper which has exhaust valves, and he hasn't had any problems with it. I know that doesn't help much, but that is the experience I have had with the different types of oil.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
you can use any. the dealer just wants there money. i use amsoil in all my sleds. but yes just to be safe get full synthetic ves oil. any brand. but most the time you get what you pay for.

·
800 EDGE X
97 Posts
i use the VES gold from polaris....it has always used it so why change a good thing and i doubt i would ride enough to go through a full bottle in a season.........80 bucks is a little much...i payed 50 for mine from the dealer.................................and i kinda like the fruity smell...lol:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hes went threw a 4 or 5liter jug of the polaris oil in about 5 rides on his rush?

Dosent it seem like his machine uses a little too much oil? Im also running a rush 600 and havent had too add oil yet?

And what does ves stand for?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Hes went threw a 4 or 5liter jug of the polaris oil in about 5 rides on his rush?

Dosent it seem like his machine uses a little too much oil? Im also running a rush 600 and havent had too add oil yet?

And what does ves stand for?
Variable Exhaust System
I use VES gold ...fwiw.

·
Super Moderator
17,846 Posts
I don't know about Canada, but in the US, you can use any oil that meets the requirements of the manufacturer. The Magnusson-Moss Act would require a manufacturer that required the use of a specific oil to provide that oil at no cost. The manufacturer cannot void any warranties for using a lubrication that meets the requirements. If the manufacturer states that the engine has to have TCW3 oil, for exampe, ANY oil that meets that minimum requirement can be used and will NOT void the warranty.

·
800 EDGE X
97 Posts
....we have the same law......we got into it with ford on oil filters a while ago......and they would have to supply everything if they wanted to pull the use our stuff only card:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
technicaly u can use any oil you have find scrap up mix and dump in 2stroke from weed wacker to chain saw it will work. but do you want your ves system to clump up carbonize and run like *** then use what ever u want.
if you want the best protection and the best performance and the cleanest ves system
then use anyof the following there all good but the list is in order 1 being the best
1.Genuine Pure Polaris VES II Gold Premium Synthetic Oil
Polaris Snowmobile/PWC VES II Synthetic Gold Oil Gallon - eBay (item 370359915163 end time Jan-28-11 12:28:39 PST) -the best in my opion
2.koltz syn
3.royal purple/amsoil
these give the best protection and peformance ive noticed the amsoil is a touch more smokey smelly and leave a little more oil then the pure polaris ves II syn gold and koltz is really good look on ebay for the best deal!!! shipped to your door!

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
if it calls for synthetic then run synthetic, doesn't matter the brand really, I run arctic cat oil 40 a jug, my buddy runs ipone and pays the same price, sure you can get cheap dyno oil but youl be cleaning the exhaust valves 10 times a season and changing your plugs all the time, you chose where you want to spend your time and money

·
Registered
175 Posts
I run AMSOIL Intercepter in all of my sleds. Like everyone has said you can run whatever you want for performance purposes on the VES systems you definitely want to run something fully synthetic so it doesnt gum up the valves on the exhaust.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
is your brothers sled brand new? if so they may have it to take more oil for break in.

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
i use the VES gold from polaris....it has always used it so why change a good thing and i doubt i would ride enough to go through a full bottle in a season.........80 bucks is a little much...i payed 50 for mine from the dealer.................................and i kinda like the fruity smell...lol:D
Are you guys able to get the Polaris scented oil yet? I can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is your brothers sled brand new? if so they may have it to take more oil for break in.

Yes both his and my rush are brand new, And his uses a considerable amount more of oil then mine. he has went on a few more rides then me but i dont think that should account for an extra 4litters of oil he burned more then me.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
if it is new then have him take it back and have it looked at. should be about 3 tanks of gas per 1 tank of oil.

·
800 EDGE X
97 Posts
Yes both his and my rush are brand new, And his uses a considerable amount more of oil then mine. he has went on a few more rides then me but i dont think that should account for an extra 4litters of oil he burned more then me.
...need to take it in.:eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts