Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't win with this damn sled! Now the electronics are on the fritz. I was riding today in the ditch, alone, and about 7 miles from my destination, and 5 miles from home, when I looked down at the fuel guage, and it showed empty. Now this couldn't be, I know this thing sucks go-go juice, but the tank was full 5 miles ago! Than I noticed that my heated grips weren't warm ( -20 out), and that my temp guage showed cold, and my tach showed 0 rpm, however it was running and the speedo was working. I stopped and checked to find that the head and tail lights were also out. Now it would come and go periodically, so I just pressed on. I just had a new stator put on, would this have something to do with it? It didn't run funny or anything. Also, what kind of MPG should I expect? It's a 1996 Ski-Doo Formula 3 600 triple with FAST pipes, jetted, and Delta 3's on it? Thanks for any help!

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Gotta follow the wiring harness and see how much voltage is on the electrical circuit. You should be able to unplug it near the engine somewhere while leaving the ignition system plugged in to run it. The sled has a regulator/rectifier on it to control voltage output. Check that first. It's a square boxy thing with 2 or 3 wires coming out of it. Probably mounted somewhere on the frame in the engine bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts