Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a bigger engine in my 98 ZR 600 EFI. What year and what size engine will slide right in with the least amount fabrication and hassle.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
well i'm not for sure but i would think you should stick with the 600, as it is the small block, if your lookin for more power and speed why not get a big bore kit, i think that a 800 or 700 engine(big block) would take a lot of work to change in, and like you said, fabrication. Good luck, been having trouble with it or something?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just rebuit it. Not haveing any problems right now. But I was toying with the idea of a bigger engine for a summer project.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ah well if you really had the time and effort i suppose you could fit in an 800, it would be quite a sleeper, but a lot of tuning and switching things around. I think it would be a good summer project if your in no rush. there are just so many things to look at if you do that. Cooling issues, clutching, gearing, etc etc. if you could find a zr 800 or mountain cat that has been wrecked but still has an engine, you could probly buy it and just piece it in there, just make sure you use all the parts off the 800, something might look the same but you'd rather be safe then sorry right? I thought you were wanting to put an engine in before the year was over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts