Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried hard to find what kind of engine is in my sled. The serial number seems to be rare. just wondering if anybody would know the year, model etc. Serial number: 9700318 Prod.no.ec450pl00813416 View attachment 66262

·
Registered
26,229 Posts
Welcome
With your vin number you can call Polaris directly and they can tell you everything about that sled!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help everybody. I found out that it is the engine out of a 1996 xcr sp like steepndeep said. I forgot to mention it was a 97 xc. I looked on the side of the block and the serial number was right there🤦‍♂️. looked it up and there was everything I was looking for. Thanks for the help everyone!.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
That is a quick little 440, do a set of aftermarket reeds with cage, clutching and leave the pipe alone, it should have plastic skis, do a 1.063" Ice Attack track on it or a .91" track with 1" studs with 6 to 8 inches of carbide and watch that little sucker cook past all the 500s from that time and even most of the 600s if they are stock. I have been looking for a '96-'98/99 XC or XCR 440 for the past 20 years but no one will sell or if they do they want both arms and legs for it. And there is a reason why one of the fastest 440s ever built, rock solid and the parts from standard 440s and 500s for body parts interchange with them. The big difference on that engine from a base 440 Liquid is that 1. It has 38mm carburetors 2. The pipe is a OEM 2 Piece Performance Exhaust 3. The cylinder head/s are ported and polished from factory and matched, 4. Instead of a mono-block it should be individual cylinders, some claim the CDI is different but it is not CDI is the same but the timing should be different. Many were bought and used in race applications so they all have Fox Shocks on them with the upgraded options on them i.e the Clickers and Reservoirs installed from factory which a lot of people look for those as an upgrade on the standard Fox Shocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts