Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
not exactly sure on my 96 vmax 600 but i find myself having ridden about 40 miles when im at half a tank according to the gauge. this puts me at about 80 miles to a tank and 10 miles to the gallon give or take a mile or 2. its not great but i love the sled and am willing to keep fillin it up:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting a little under 5 mpg with my 95 Vmax 2 up. Have had the belt replaced and clutch adjusted. Was also smoking and had the oil injector turned down.

Wazzup wid dat????

Schulzie

·
Registered
31 Posts
The triples get much better gas mileage. The group I ride with has a 99 500 phazer-01 V-max 600-2000 500 kitty-02 550 kitty. My 700 beats the snot out of all of them by a big margine. Except the 550 kitty. We are very close. Not at first though, he had all kinds of problems with it the first year. That thing ate the gas and oil until he took it back for a good going over. I had a 97 500 xtc and that only got 11 mpg. MM.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Right now? I'm only getting 5.25 MPG on my '92 VMax-4. It needs to be adjusted and the clutches cleaned.

My father-in-law's sled ('88 Exciter 570) was getting about 5 two weeks ago....but we think that was due to a bad coil.

** Update ** as of last weekend, the '88 Exciter was getting 7.6 MPG.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i got the respectfully labeled TANKER. it's a '95 380(my 500 got totaled, so i had to ride it), those get like 160 miles on one tank. the other riders looked down and could see the tubing, i had a half tank!

·
Registered
10 Posts
mpg

I am able to go about 100 miles on a tank, with my 700 mm
dont know how close to empty it is, but it does alot better then the polaris and skidoos I ride with.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I get 7 miles to the gallon with my rmk 700,i leaned it out a bit and reset the air screw. I get 100 miles or more to the tank. plenty of power, but i dont have it too lean as to not ruin the engine

dano

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am getting about 100 miles per tank on my mountain max, I am happy with this since the people I ride with aren't getting this out of there artic cats

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i must say, i think those yamaha triples make gas! lol. its just from they're small carbs, their carbs are excellent for low end and mid range but at top end a bigger carb dominates. i never really have figured out the milage on my sled yet, but if you drive it decent it does pretty good, but damn, i love that throttle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts