Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i'm just trying to figure out what the best way would be to get my uncles 670 freed up. it has been sitting for a few years but it ran when it was parked. It won't turn over at all. They have tried putting diesel/ mystery oil down the cylinders to try to free it up.. Any help would be great..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just pour some wd-40 or something down the cylinders once a day and pull on it every once in a while. If that doesn't work I know my grandpa made a couple air fittings with the same threads as a spark plug to put air pressure to the cylinders to break them loose. I don't know if this helps but there is my 2 cents.

·
Good Ole Triple
17 Posts
instead of wd 40 you can use a small amount od diesel but not too much the air compressor is prolly the best choice

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was thinking about using the air compressor and suggested it to my dad and uncle we will see what happens when I get home from Maine today.

·
I just fix 'em...
1,045 Posts
The only correct way to address this problem is to take the engine apart and fix what's wrong. You have rust somewhere in the engine and no amount of snake oil is going to correct that. You may be able to break it free and run it but it will be short lived.
Jerry

·
Repair Shop Owner
528 Posts
Yep if it a crank bairing or a cage bairing that is seized and you do manage to free it up and get it running it won't last long! save your breath and do the rebuild now and have a fresh engine you will be alott happyer in the long run!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ss440

i was wondering if any one could give me any ideas on how to get the engine to turn over when the fly wheel is off cause when i take the fly wheel off i can pull the cord no problem but when i have it on i can only go so far before it won't let me go any further and i put 1-2 teaspoons of transmission fluid down the cylinders 2 days ago, i could turn the fan and the track just need a way to turn the engine over it self

1 - 8 of 8 Posts