Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would somebody please explain what ACCS is all about? I'm a little lost on how exactly this is supposed to work. All my vent hoses run into this funny thingy on my airbox, and another line runs up from a vacuum port on one of my carbs. How does it work? And is it something worth playing with or should I just disconnect it and cap the port on the carb?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I'm guessing it works pretty much the same way the Skidoo HAC system does. It changes the pressure inside the float bowl, thus making it hard/easier to pull fuel via the vacuum. Theory is, you go up in altitude, less pressure, so it leans the carb out appropriately. If the system is working, there is no need to remove it. If you only ride at less than 1000 ft, then maybe you need to look into removing it and/or jetting properly.

·
Super Moderator
17,198 Posts
Like Bear said. The ACCS system keeps you from having to change jets out in the field and can keep the sled running at optimum performance. It's most valuable for the mountain guys that may gain 4-6000 feet in a day's ride. If you jet for the lower elevation, you are so rich you have no power at the higher. If you jet for the higher, you take the chance of running lean and burning holes in the pistons. ACCS helps solve that issue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool, I understand what it does. Now how does this thingy actually achieve this? The line running from the carb to the accs unit seems to be vacuum. I would think that pulling a vacuumon the carb vents would be bad.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
well, if you think about how the carb works. It using the vacuum from the motor to pull fuel in, so if you can regulate the vacuum, you can regulate how much fuel is pulled in. By regulating the air pressure inside the float bowl, you can achieve varying amounts of fuel depending on atmospheric pressure.

Like if you suck on a straw that has a hole in it, you can still get water to your mouth, but if you plug the hole it is much easier.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see, a rather clever little device. I took it all apart, and cleaned everything up real nice. I've got her all hooked up and ready to go. Tomorrow I'll test run her, see how she does. I'm really curious as to how she will work. The RMK with the accs system calls for far bigger jets than the sks or XC SP without it. Plus my sled seems like she runs way too rich with the vent lines open to atmosphere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts