Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, found an old 292 Lynx in neeed of some tlc.Thinking of making a restoration project out of it.The guy only wants 60 bucks for it.The body and track are in good shape, but the fan casing and pull start assembly are missing.Oh, it doesn't run either, but that's the least of my concerns.I figure it would make my son a good first sled, and that'll give me about 5 years or so to do the restore.

I'm not sure what make of engine they came with , I just want to make sure it has the original before I dive in:rolleyes:

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Almost positive it's a Kawasaki, but my book only goes back to 73. By the looks of it, they were all Kawasaki up until around '79 or so.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked it up on the weekend.It definately IS a kawi.Turns out I didn't look hard enough the first time:eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
if you rebuild the top end and manage to find a piston and rings, could you let me know where you found them? i searched eveywhere for them when i rebuilt it top to bottom, but i had to put in the old piston and rings. compression is around 120, but it would have been nice to get at least new rings in it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you can more than likely order your pistons and rings from www.royaldistributing.com ............they have everything on there online catalogue.....and if it doesnt show pistons and rings for your sled, just call them and im sure they will find some for you.

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
Another great place for old parts is Recreational Leisure Corp. Looks like they have pistions (with rings, wrist pin & circlips) for your Lynx for $41.99/each. Check them out at www.recleisure.com

Good luck with the project!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts