Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a couple 96 XCR 600's last weekend and have been working on getting them ready to go.
Thus far I have cleaned carbs all up, stuck all new plugs and filled them full of fresh gas.

Wife and I are getting ready to take off for northern MN next week to hopefully rack up a bunch of miles.
I'm wondering what else I can do to them to hopefully ensure this is a trouble-free trip.
I have a bunch of spare plugs and a spare belt for each.

Was thinking about changing the chain case oil and bringing a spare bottle along just in case.

Other than that, am I missing anything? This is my first rodeo with these things, but they sure are addictive!

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
328 Posts
an adjustable wrench or channel locks will come handy, some tin foil incahse spark pluug caps have troubles or whatever. adn of course duct tape, never no if one of them cooling lines want to fail.

·
Registered
466 Posts
You can never bring what you really need on a planned trip...Everytime I go on a 100 mile trip im thinking...this '95 is really too old to be doing this! And waiting for the thing to die with the piston skirt in 100 pieces in the base...Or is that oil cable still working down there?? hahahha we went for a 30 mile trip tonight and I followed the wrong set of tracks into a 4 foot ditch. Thankfully the ground is soft enough...the right ski went a foot into the bank....what a time...hahaha. I was scared to dig the ski out to see it crippled around the trailing arm....sooo my advice to you is...No Ditch Banging! Hahaha

Have fun and enjoy your self! Its easy to bring a spare piston but hard to bring the tools to fix it! This goes for most of the things on a sled! lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts