Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father-in-law just purchased a 95 650 and would like to know what RXL stands for.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
i know xlt is xtra lite triple so im assuming rxl would be something xtra light not sure bout what the r would be maybe race

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
rmb551 is right its racing x-perimental liquid

·
Registered
466 Posts
And this is a real RXL! hehhe
1978 Polaris RXL. I believe they were the first with IFS.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The master of the ovals, back in the day.Kind of weird that suspension right there in that picture evolved the independent front suspension revolution .

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm going to build a clone before my days of snowmobiling are done and its going in my living room! These sleds are...well...the real deal!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The only thing I dont understand is why the sleds with leaf springs and shocks were on the skis werent independent? I mean the newer sleds with all the sway bars and crap are any thing but independent

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
SKS had a longer track, usually 136 or 144 and XCR is Cross Country Racer. Standard RXL or Indy 650's had a 121" track.

·
Registered
33 Posts
isnt rxl something to do with the efi because only the efi 650's are rxl i think...

·
Registered
793 Posts
The SKS track length was 133.5" and that changed to the 136" which was the first RMK in about 1996, if I recall correctly. Polaris did offer a 128" track before they settled on the 133.5" SKS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts