Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a problem with my 1999 Indy trail. Today I rolled my sled. I was riding down a ice/snow covered road today and the back end came out from me and I hit some dry gravel and fliped it three times. Looking at the sled the only damage was a broken windsheid. It landed in the ditch. I tiped it back over and it seemed to be flooded. I let it sit a while. It started and ran fine except now when I give it gas hard off the start it wants to bog out. If I stay on the gas while its bogging it will back fire. Its fine it I give it gas slowly. It starts on one pull and it idels great. I changed the plugs out and that didnt help. I also looked at exhaust system thinking it might be something with that but thats looks good also. I know that carbs need to be cleaned but it ran fine before it fliped so im not thinking its that but im not a expert. Does any one know what this sounds like?:dunno:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I go with something (piece of dirt or crud) got knocked loose in the carbs,

On a 2 stroke you really cant "flood" the crankcase and still have the engine run reasonably "ok" the way a 2 stroke operates the first place the gas/oil mixture goes is into the crankcase to lubricate the bearings and as the piston comes down it pushes the gas/oil mix up through the transfer ports in the jugs into the piston area to be compressed for the next firing cycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.