Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
If that chassis is in good shape, and you can get it for what you offered... I'd do it and then go out and get a motor for it and ride it. But that's just me.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's exactly what I was thinking. I think it had the 597 motor, so can I switch to the SDI 594? I'm pretty sure it'd require a different wiring harness, but it might be worth it.

·
Jay C
207 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I would jump on that 440.. If it were in my area id snatch it up real quick

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what do you think it's worth? I've seen them like this listed for around $3500 sound right?

It was for sure raced, but racers often take care of their equipment better than most people. As long as the nun isn't shot and it's all straight, this would be a nice sled. I'm really thinking I'd have to swap to a 600 motor though. These 440's are pretty finnicky.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
yea that can bring in 3500 all day... I bet it aint trail converted tho... So you have to do low compression heads, rejet it, and put on a bigger fuel tank.. It would probably be alot easier to just buy it for 2grand and flip it.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
primetime....

I emailed him again saying I was really interested and would pay more than $1500... just asked him to name his bottom # and if it's around 1850 I might have to get it.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Is ur dad good with all this? lol

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well..... that's questionable. I may be chasing rainbows at this point.

Seller on the MXZX replied and is firm on the $2200. Still a good deal on a sled that was raced for sure?

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't really need a big heavy triple. And if you do it right, it'll run you 2000-2500 easy. I figure I can throw in an SS for about $1250.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I would just buy it and flip it.. Swapping motors can just be a big headache.. and do u have cash? If so, screw what ur parents say! Cant wait till I get a truck, i'll constantly be bringin toys home and pissin off my parents.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got more than enough cash to buy whatever I would want..... but my job is Direct deposit, and it goes into an account that my parents set up when I was little- so I cannot withdraw anything..... kinda bs, I know.

The guy hasn't emailed me back about it, other than when he replied (kinda upset) about my offer. Then stated $2200 firm.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
If hes a dick dont get it... Ive called on sleds before, and the seller was a douche, so I just hung up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts