Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !! I am having a hell of a time figuring out what carbides I can run on my sled. I have a 2002 Polaris Edge X 500. My problem with searcing for carbides is that nobody lists this sled on their application charts. I will admit that I have been out of sledding for 3 years and if anything I am just having a major brain fart on this one. My sled is only used for trail riding and I was looking at getting some Woody's carbides but was just unsure which ones to run based on their application charts. The style that I was looking to run was the Trail Blazer IV. When I go to Woody's website their applcation chart allows you to put your year, make and model of sled in to search but when I get to the model section is lists a 500 XC , 500 XC SP, Indy 500. Any help on this one would be greately appreciated. Take Care!!

Phil "Grim Reeper"

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
if you have stock skis you can buy any runners from that year all the skis are the same.

·
F.K.A. MOUSE72
3,807 Posts
carbides

I would try looking at www.spankysparts.com. They have just about everthing you would ever want for sleds, and at a decent price I might add. That is where I get my stuff. You might also want to consider if your track is studed or not.

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
The Woody's Trail Blazer IV should fit any modern polaris plastic ski. Buy the 6" length (or bigger if you have strong arms and lots of studs)

·
F.K.A. MOUSE72
3,807 Posts
trail blazer IV

according to my Spanky's catolog the trail blazer IV should fit all plastic skis. I would get them from Spanky's. They advertise that they can beat any listed, or advertised price of any competitor. There price is $52.95. It's $.00 cheaper than the Dennis Kirk catolog list. www.spankyspart.com. or call them @1-800-230-9258

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for your help on this. I happened to find a brand new pair for $25.00 at a marine store that was going out of business. I guess at some time this guy's partner sold Polaris sleds and this guy didn't know anything about the carbides so he tossed them on his clearence rack. I know I will never come across that kind of deal again. Thanks again!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts