Snowmobile Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
ahh thatd be so cool!

we have one truck in town with a turbo, its an off roader.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The r33 gt-r has like 280hp stock, Stock block can handle over 700hp.
300zx has 300hp stock. Can handle 600hp stock block
Rx7 have about 240hp stock. Skys the limit with the rotary way more variables.
supra has 320 hp stock. Stock block can handle 1000hp.
240z has like what 120hp stock. rb26 is the same engine as the r32 gtr
The new GTR has 480hp stock. Limits havnt been found yet.

all these cars are serious, just because they make radio controlled cars out of them doesnt mean anything about performance? Maybe its because there more popular now then your dinasoar cars with the new generation of people?
:rolleyes: :laugh: with the new generation of people? dude Im 22. ask yourself if those cars will be cherished and sough after in 35 years...haha many of them arent sough after now. I realize many kids think the newer cars are the way to go and are so cool...but theyre a joke to the performance world. 500 hp should not require 25 lbs of boost for christ sake. I have an appreciation for the newer technology believe me. Just fired up the engine in our 53' GMC truck for the first time last weekend, engines a 5.3L LS which is the same family as LS1 LS2 LS7 etc. efi, crank trigger ignition, all that. in a 1953 truck. I realize the possibilities, limits, and drawbacks of all the newer sh!t, and I wont be moving over to the ricer crowd anytime soon....;)

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
I'm 15 and I honestly think these modern foreign cars that people think should be fast are the biggest piles of sh*t in the world. If you get a foreign car and just use it as a car to get you from point A to point B and get good mileage doing that then I have no problem at all. It's when you try make the car something it isn't, like a high-performance speed machine that I think is retarded. I would much rather prefer a high-horsepower muscle car from the 60's or early 70's.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
:rolleyes: :laugh: with the new generation of people? dude Im 22. ask yourself if those cars will be cherished and sough after in 35 years...haha many of them arent sough after now. I realize many kids think the newer cars are the way to go and are so cool...but theyre a joke to the performance world. 500 hp should not require 25 lbs of boost for christ sake. I have an appreciation for the newer technology believe me. Just fired up the engine in our 53' GMC truck for the first time last weekend, engines a 5.3L LS which is the same family as LS1 LS2 LS7 etc. efi, crank trigger ignition, all that. in a 1953 truck. I realize the possibilities, limits, and drawbacks of all the newer sh!t, and I wont be moving over to the ricer crowd anytime soon....;)
Not sought after? Then why do supras cost more now then new? My Z was on car and drivers 10 best cars every year it was out. 500hp require 25lbs of boost cause we dont have engines that are 600 million liters. And that engine that you put in is from a NEWER truck. It always takes chevy and other american car companys to catch up in the technoligie department. Not that they cant do it, it just seems like they stick to the basics.

I'm 15 and I honestly think these modern foreign cars that people think should be fast are the biggest piles of sh*t in the world. If you get a foreign car and just use it as a car to get you from point A to point B and get good mileage doing that then I have no problem at all. It's when you try make the car something it isn't, like a high-performance speed machine that I think is retarded. I would much rather prefer a high-horsepower muscle car from the 60's or early 70's.
You think muscle cars are high perfomance speed machines? Maybe in a straight line with some work. Try turning. I dont wanna drive something from 1970 that weighs 4000lbs and needs 350ci to show how big my wiener is. Im done argueing on here. If you were a true car enthusits you would have respect for all types.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
quote". It always takes chevy and other american car companys to catch up in the technoligie department."

LMFAOOOO.... Technoligie?? Reallly? Your not serious right?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Giggity :) these conversations make me laugh! of course the engine we used is from a newer truck, thats the reason I pointed it out. To show you I know what the new stuffs all about too... I can build 500 hp for 4 grand... can you? From scratch...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Giggity :) these conversations make me laugh! of course the engine we used is from a newer truck, thats the reason I pointed it out. To show you I know what the new stuffs all about too... I can build 500 hp for 4 grand... can you? From scratch...
with a rotory, yes. And thats with 1.3L

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
ya i bet.. because rotAry engines are so common and parts are so cheap for them...? to purchase a good foundation to start would be nearly 3 grand... but this is starting to get childish. bottom line is in 30 years your cars will be unappreciated by most everyone and muscle cars will still be cherished by people of all ages. oh, and able to blow your doors off for 1/8 of the investment :)

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
Well said cruzr!so hows the 53 commin?Hows your dad?

Anyway another Truck I would like is an 06 chevy ss silverado!or a 1992 chevy silverado 454 ss!Now thats american beauty!Fu#* ricers american muscle all the way!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
comin good! fired it up last weekend for the first time. got to hear the cam we put in and it sounds fantastic. been meaning to get the videos uploaded to my youtube just havent. as far as my dad... things are getting ugly as much as I hate to say it. Put it this way, the last appt he had at the mayo (no longer doing chemo... its in his brain and theres no point) they gave him 2 months... the 2 month mark was just over 2 weeks ago. :( pretty damn depressing. cuz its showing...hes really going downhill and things are really tough around their house. im there 4 days a week spending time with him in the garage when hes feeling up to it. ya...not so good...

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya i bet.. because rotAry engines are so common and parts are so cheap for them...? to purchase a good foundation to start would be nearly 3 grand... but this is starting to get childish. bottom line is in 30 years your cars will be unappreciated by most everyone and muscle cars will still be cherished by people of all ages. oh, and able to blow your doors off for 1/8 of the investment :)
i could purchase a good used T2 for under a grand. You obviously dont know anything. I also have a 1986 rx7. Thats what 24 years old? Still desinging new aftermarket parts for it and people doing new stuff to them everyday. Same with my Z. If you would get your head out of your muscle car world you Would relize that these cars have a huge culture and hugely appriciated. What if i would of put a lamborghini or ferrari on there? Those are imports so i guess there junk too. I have alot of respect for ls1 camaros and even some 'stangs.

Im done trying to agrue with your thick head. People like diffrent stuff. Lets relate it to snowmobiles....i have yamaha so i gotta ricer sled i guess? Polairs is american so its gotta be the best right?.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
exactly right... thats exactly the direction I was taking this and wanted it to head. but my 94 polaris has a fuji in it so i guess i gotta sell it as its ricer.... good thing my 98 has a liberty motor made in america...

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Anyway you look at it, its still a ricer! Therefore, its GAY..

And, really sorry to hear it cruzr... Keep strong, as you have throughout this battle

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Having a 9 second import is like coming out of the closet. At first your friends will be surprised but in the end, you're still gay. Haha...I'm just playin man. Get some pics up of your cars!

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
hahaahahaha

·
Where's the snow?
14 Posts
Tricky question...hmmm...

Mid 50's Jaguar D-Type (preferably without the LeMans wing)
http://www.jaguar-club.de/Jaguar-Modelle/D-Type-Jaguar.jpg

Mid 60's Alfa Romeo TZ2
http://www.alfisti.ru/IMAGEnew/SuperNews/8c/A/A/Alfa Romeo TZ2.jpg

Lotus Super 7 (an original, of course ;) )
http://www.crankmotoring.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/super7cars-lotus7.jpg

A properly built (by me :D) CJ8
http://www.jeephead.com/images/1984s/84019642.jpg

I know I'm missing two, but that's it for now :dunno:

1. Nissan skyline R32 GT-R
2. 1999 Nissan 300ZX TT
3. 1995 Mazda Rx-7 with a 20b 3 rotor
4. 1998 Toyota Supra TT
5. Nissan 240Z with rb26
6. 2010 Nissan GT-R R35
I've built engines for 1, 4 and 5, so I know where you're coming from :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
'71 Challenger 440 six pack
'68 Charger 393
'71 Nova 350 S.B
'65 GTO 389 4 barrel
'11 Challenger 392
'78 Trans am 400...the 403 was shit and its the only thing that you could fit in a 79. Thats why i like the 78 because you can put a 400 in it instead.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts