Snowmobile Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
my mom has a 72 chelly with a 396 bb in it.
Oh man sounds like a nice car is it a 4 speed. In my opinoin the only way to go with an old car with that much power is a 4 speed. That's just me though I would totally take one with an auto though they are freaking sweet cars.

·
Vintage Racer
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh man sounds like a nice car is it a 4 speed. In my opinoin the only way to go with an old car with that much power is a 4 speed. That's just me though I would totally take one with an auto though they are freaking sweet cars.
AHHHHHHHH!!!!! 4 speed = Ickkkk

·
Registered
139 Posts
are you a fan of autos then? I love drving stick it's the only way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ohh those old chevy 4 speeds are not bad. My dad back in the day had a couple strip out gears but they are not bad. I like the ford 4 speed on the old 6.9 diesel those things were solid. I have not heard of people having problems with them. The only problem is they don't have overdrive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm pretty sure that picture of the ford is a model car. It looks really small to me haha.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. Nissan skyline R32 GT-R
2. 1999 Nissan 300ZX TT
3. 1995 Mazda Rx-7 with a 20b 3 rotor
4. 1998 Toyota Supra TT
5. Nissan 240Z with rb26
6. 2010 Nissan GT-R R35

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
^^^ someone poop on that list please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why? Ik most of you arnt gonna like any JDM stuff. But still its not like im wishing for a civic or a caviqueer. None of these cars a rice. There where all made to go fast and with a purpose.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
uhh... ya.. most each and every one of those cars are rice. sure I understand they are the kings of the ricers if you will... but they are still in the same category.

just look at them! they look like a childs remote control car! and thats as far as I want to get into it. I have hours of reasons why those cars are just plain dumb (yes even your coveted skyline and supras..), but I dont want to litter this forum with arguments, because I know in the end...you and I will just end up disagreeing anyway...right where we started. so go ahead and like a car that will NOT be cherished in 30 years, and I will be into mine which will be timeless, and DEFINED the words performance and horsepower.

and on a side note.... do ANY of those cars make over 400 hp?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
but one thing I have to say... those old nissan 240z's CAN be cool. TONS of guys are swapping LS powerplants (redirect your brain from the 4 cylinder honda LS engines to the 8 cylinder Chev LS1, LS2, LS7 and on and on powerplants) into those 240s and running ridiculous times at the track. the all aluminum LS1s only add like a hundred pounds over the front wheels vs the stocker engines and they absolutely haul the mail!

heres a little something to prove my point. while this is NOT an LS1.. it is its predecessor, the LT1. aaaaaand a procharger... this is what it should be, plain and simple.

·
Registered
26 Posts
uhh... ya.. most each and every one of those cars are rice. sure I understand they are the kings of the ricers if you will... but they are still in the same category.

just look at them! they look like a childs remote control car! and thats as far as I want to get into it. I have hours of reasons why those cars are just plain dumb (yes even your coveted skyline and supras..), but I dont want to litter this forum with arguments, because I know in the end...you and I will just end up disagreeing anyway...right where we started. so go ahead and like a car that will NOT be cherished in 30 years, and I will be into mine which will be timeless, and DEFINED the words performance and horsepower.

and on a side note.... do ANY of those cars make over 400 hp?
The r33 gt-r has like 280hp stock, Stock block can handle over 700hp.
300zx has 300hp stock. Can handle 600hp stock block
Rx7 have about 240hp stock. Skys the limit with the rotary way more variables.
supra has 320 hp stock. Stock block can handle 1000hp.
240z has like what 120hp stock. rb26 is the same engine as the r32 gtr
The new GTR has 480hp stock. Limits havnt been found yet.

all these cars are serious, just because they make radio controlled cars out of them doesnt mean anything about performance? Maybe its because there more popular now then your dinasoar cars with the new generation of people?

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
i just put dual exhaust on my dodge it sounds awesome. city kids dont know what theyre missing, i drove a car for a year and HATED it. trucks pwn.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just put dual exhaust on my dodge it sounds awesome. city kids dont know what theyre missing, i drove a car for a year and HATED it. trucks pwn.
we got a dodge that has a v6 lol. I had true dual side pipes on it for a long time. Preatty much the loadest thing on the road. Then i changed it cause of my dad and had a sling exit side pipe with glass pack wich was still loud. Now its back to stock :(. Haha it sounded like crap but was louder then hell and shot flames.

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
thats badass!

i want to turbo mine next year, its a 5.2 ltr v8, the fastest truck in town (i live in a small town)

21 - 40 of 71 Posts