Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ride in western New York? I'm vacationing in Chautauqua, NY from 01/23/04 to 01/30/04.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've ridden south of Rochester about a hour state park called
Leetchert (sp)some good spots down there- nothing to compare
to northern NYS though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live in ny and have never rode in western ny but I can tell you that northern ny has great riding and usually lots of snow-just wish we would take lessons from our brothers across the pond(Canada)about trail passes and the utilization of monies.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
tughill and boonville have plenty i guess

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm planning my first trip to chataqua this winter also. Do they have guided tours, or group tours? <--I may be lossing a wife soon, but I'm keeping my sled!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
yea boonville has alot so does brantingham new york to my mom lives there the trails are nice some rough places but alot of snow hope that helps you guys alittle
alex

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey i live right in the heart of Western NY the riding right now is good in Allegany State Park and also Frank. and like Ellicotville are really good. At the time of this post we are suppose to be getting 6-14 inchs today and tomorrow. So riding with be even better. But if you get the chance difinality go to Tug Hill. I was up there one weekend ago and it was like perfect.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
TSfromTugHill said:
I've ridden south of Rochester about a hour state park called
Leetchert (sp)some good spots down there- nothing to compare
to northern NYS though.
Letchworth State Park. Trail permit required. :-(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Gotta love it...

You can drive your car on any road in NY, and your taxes pay for that - UNLESS you want to take the Thruway, then you pay extra.

You can drive your snowmobile anywhere in NY, and your registration pays for that - UNLESS you want to ride certain trails, then you have to pay extra.

There's no rhyme or reason to where taxing New Yorkers will end.

I don't know what a permit costs for Letchworth, but I understand the trail permit fees for the Old Forge area are as high as $75 per sled! Wow! That’s a little too much. I’m already paying $100 when I register my two sleds, plus at least $120 in insurance (required, of course). What’s next? The government really knows how to ruin a sport…

:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts