Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the SLP single pipe exhaust system, clutch kit, Powder Pro skis, and high flow air intake kit on my '09 700 RMK.

Looking forward to see how it runs with these mods.

Now, I'll start looking at some of SLP's venting items.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Its a great sled, When tuned rite. Just make sure you get your jetting figured out before you melt a piston ( I only say this cause I have been there) I am sure you will like the mods you are doing, you will definatley notice a differance.
Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No jetting required as this sled is injected and SLP says no ECM modifications are required with these mods. They do state that the clutch kit and high flow intake are required with the installation of the full exhaust system.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry I miss read the 09, I thought it was a 99 Carbed. Any way you still and will have an awsome ride when your all done

·
Super Moderator
18,338 Posts
My 07 is set up very similarly, the venting really helps get the heat away from the clutch. You will like the extra HP and reduced weight, and the SLP sound is nice! I didn't opt for an after-market ski, I really like the stock Grippers and have had no issues with them at all. Hope you have fun on it!

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Nice... Spending some money like I am.

I put a 4-6 inch riser, studded with 144, new/used track, bearing, etc...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased the SLP single pipe exhaust system, clutch kit, Powder Pro skis, and high flow air intake kit on my '09 700 RMK.

Looking forward to see how it runs with these mods.

Now, I'll start looking at some of SLP's venting items.
I finally got all but the skis installed. I was lucky to get the SLP clutch kit installed for free - including balancing - and the dealer installed a new driven clutch spring for free as well. In addition to the above mentioned parts, I also installed the SLP push arm for added protection. Unfortunately, all of these goodies required me to take the sled to the dealer as the idle was low and needed to be raised. Oh well, such is life. Now, if only my skis would get here.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts