Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great site here !

Not sure how it got in, but I found water in the system, carbs, tank, pump, etc. got it all out, cleaned everything up and am putting it all back together, before I hooked up to the carbs I ran the 2 fuel lines into a container, cranked it to pumped fresh fuel threw the pump (elec start) to see if there was water in the pump too. what I noticed was that one side doesnt pump as well as the other, they both filled but only one side would push the fuel out, the other would just move in the tube. if I kinked the working side the other would then start to push fuel. are there any servicable parts in the pump? what considerations are there with the oil injection involved with the pump if I need to disconnect it to work on it?

Would you say there is a problem with my pump?

its an 02 570 panther

·
Registered
482 Posts
you sure your lines to the pump are in the right order?
if they are, then just get a diaghram kit for the pump. they'll run ya 10 - 15 bucks. then ya wont have to worry about it later down the road.

·
Registered
711 Posts
True

oil gets to the carbs (injectors) or what have you when you increase the throttle. I beleive there is a seperate oil pump. But i cant remember off the top of my head

dano

1 - 3 of 3 Posts