Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
How tall are you?? Im 6'2'' and on my next sled I am deffinately putting risers on it.. im thinking about 4 inch risers but im not sure yet. What bars do you have on there?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
daktruckie99 said:
The 1" block just isnt enough, even with the big rise in the bars, the extra inch is going to make it a little nicer for me.

Anyone have one?

I had one... I forgot where I got it, but it had the wrong bolts for my sled. Funny thing is; I sold it on eBay and got more for it than I originally paid. Crazy bidders...

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
daktruckie99 said:
I am 6' even, right now I have stock Honda ATV bar which have a 3-4" rise built into them, so I want the total to be around 5 or 6" when I am all done..
Can you tell me more about the ATV bars? I'm 6'4" and I find it difficult to ride sometimes with my legs all stuffed under the bars. I was thinking about installing a 4"riser and avoid having to swap over the heaters, etc to the ATV bars, but if it's worth it, I might just do it and avoid the riser all together. Do we have 1 1/8" bars or 7/8"?

Thanks...

Jim

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I believe they would be 7/8 thats usually what stock bars are in size.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes the ATV bars are 7/8". You could just go with a riser which would be cheaper, you can go as high as possible without extentions or go fro 5"+ and get a new brake and throttle extension, but that is where the $$ comes in.

My swap cost me a lot
Bars = free
Grips = $10
Brake = $50
Throttle = $30
Handgaurds = $45

Thats $135, and it will be more if I do more to it, lol

EDIT: Also I found it impossible to get the heaters off, so I had to cut them and thats why I have new grips and handguards.... Riser might be cheaper even if you need a few extensions, or go as high as possible w/out extensions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts