Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a decent used seat for my 1983 Yamaha Excel III. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but usable. I’m pretty sure an Enticer seat would be the same. PM me if you have one, or know where I can get one. I’m near Wilkes-Barre, PA.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Lots of places with recover sled seats for around 80-100 dollars at least they do around here in Wisconsin if that is an option.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of places with recover sled seats for around 80-100 dollars at least they do around here in Wisconsin if that is an option.
I have seen covers for sale, but the whole thing is destroyed. It’s all rotted and broken around the storage box and light. I could probably fix it if I had too, but it would be easier to buy a whole seat.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
No not covers for sale but someone who will replace your cover and do all the work for you. I would never recover my own seat, too much of a pain in the butt not when the cost is the same for a cover vs someone who does it professionally day in day out.

If it is that bad then yes of course another seat but you will need to hit up eBay, salvage yards and shows for something like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not covers for sale but someone who will replace your cover and do all the work for you. I would never recover my own seat, too much of a pain in the butt not when the cost is the same for a cover vs someone who does it professionally day in day out.

If it is that bad then yes of course another seat but you will need to hit up eBay, salvage yards and shows for something like that.
I do know a few people who can replace the cover if needed. I have been checking eBay and other sites, but have not found anything yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts
Auto upholstery can redo it
But there was a place on here a few years back that Made covers and wanted old to make patterns from, do a search
The base of the seat itself is just 1/2" plywood and the cover is just stapled on
I have made several seats with just a piece of Pleather and folded corners and a staple gun

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Auto upholstery can redo it
But there was a place on here a few years back that Made covers and wanted old to make patterns from, do a search
The base of the seat itself is just 1/2" plywood and the cover is just stapled on
I have made several seats with just a piece of Pleather and folded corners and a staple gun
I did a quick search and did not find anything.
It looks like I can get a new cover for around $60. I may just get one, or like you said get a piece of material and make it myself. I’m still looking but have not found a used seat yet. I’m trying to do this as cheap as possible, but want it to look somewhat original.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cheap and good are hard to get at the same time.
Seats can be a bugger depending on how far gone they are. Check ebay and make some lowball offers. Sometimes you win.
Recovering is fairly easy. Full rebuild is a massive pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts